Uh Oh I just added more C.F. and pic of seat covers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark13

Thought I would do something a little bit different with Vinyl Carbon Fiber..The hood could be next..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60416291@N00/6245477119/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With all the Leafs on the road and in the parking lots, its pretty easy to try to open up the wrong Leaf :lol:

Heres a pic of the new seats ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60416291@N00/6246001254/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love the seats. Where did you get them from?

Love the CF on the charge door. Gives me an idea.

As for the valence across the front bumper and the single tow hook door... not really feel'n it.

I do have to say that the CF does work well on red car. The ample use of CF is something that resonates well w/ me, must be the ricer in me.

I went to the car and realized that is not a separate panel and you had to cut the bottom evenly without a guide.
How difficult was that?

mark13 said:
Thought I would do something a little bit different with Vinyl Carbon Fiber..The hood could be next..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60416291@N00/6245477119/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With all the Leafs on the road and in the parking lots, its pretty easy to try to open up the wrong Leaf :lol:

Heres a pic of the new seats ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60416291@N00/6246001254/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those seats are awesome. Who did them for you?

Yes the seat covers are Wet Okole covers..Me and the dogs love them,when you take dogs to the park on a daily basis they get quite abused..

The CarbonFiber actually quite easy to do,I also use a hair dryer,I found a heat gun to be to hot and fast,I prefer a slow warm heat from a hair dryer..

MX5racer have you seen my Miata pics on this Flicker page ? Its 80% C.F. ...You will either love it or hate it but its taken 25 Mazda first place and 5 best of all cars over the last 4 years..I no longer do the shows..
By the way I would love to see you car and engine setup..

If anyone is interested in Vinyl CarbonFiber,try EBAY ..I even found that the cheap thin China CF has a nice texture to it and should last about 5 years..If you want a life time product,contact the seller on the thickness..

If anyone needs more specifics on the application of CF,Ill be glad to answer as best as I can..

the Miata Looks good, I have a 97 set up for badly for CSP autocrossing.
my second one, this one replaced a 92

I think that I will buy some CF on Ebay and try what you did to the leaf.
My guess is that you cut the front section to shape and install that first
stretching to the back so you can cut at the gap?
Did you remove the emblem from the filler door?
any tricks there?

Thanks for the help

mark13 said:
If anyone needs more specifics on the application of CF,Ill be glad to answer as best as I can..
Yes please I tried it once and due only to my inexperience totally messed it up.

And your opinion on copying this application on a Black Leaf how would it look??

Is the CF removable as my Leaf will be a Lease

There are also different colors of CF on the market..I used gold on the Miata..
CF steps ..1.Clean the car body part before applying CF..
2.For small parts, get some wax paper or tracing paper and put it over the car part you are going to apply the CF to and trace that part on the paper and then cut it out,then tape it to the CF and cut the CF ..
3. Spray some windex or some soapy water on the car part before you apply the CF..
4.Take a old credit card or use your fingers and slowly push the water out from behind the CF,you might also try a blow dryer here ..

If you decide against the CF or other stckers on your car,take a blow dryer and turn it on high and slowly peel it off..

Back