Leather anyone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
 "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
          Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel Prize 1921

I was going to ask if there was a suspicious lack of cats in the neighborhood but your comments was way classier, and much less racist... but you lost points because creationists wont like you mentioning evolution.. ++1

I took my car in on Monday for Tony at Skyline to install leather and it was done by Tuesday at lunch time. Whats more, Tony found someone to tint the windows for me at a discounted price with lifetime warranty! Skyline has done some 20 LEAFs since being discovered by Mike Walsh and reported on this thread. I thought Tony and Skyline should have their own thread now that they've provided such good service. See here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marccbr said:
I heard about that but they were from North County. I'm from El Cajon, East of downtown San Diego. Way out of my range.

If you have access to a truck you can always truck the seats and the arm rests to Tony.

I drove from San Diego (Mira Mesa). The one way distance is ~91 miles on I-5. From Skyline in Westminster, you can choose to take Pacific Coast Highway 101 most of the way down; speeds are slower and the distance is a good 5 miles shorter. Another advantage is that Laguna Beach is on the way (~1 mile off PCH) with it's free public chargepoint EVSEs (some 25 miles from Skyline) if you want some piece of mind. Just tell the LEAF to take the shortest distance route and it will take the 101 (CA-1).

eHelmholtz said:
I drove from San Diego (Mira Mesa). The one way distance is ~91 miles on I-5. From Skyline in Westminster, you can choose to take Pacific Coast Highway 101 most of the way down; speeds are slower and the distance is a good 5 miles shorter. Another advantage is that Laguna Beach is on the way (~1 mile off PCH) with it's free public chargepoint EVSEs (some 25 miles from Skyline) if you want some piece of mind. Just tell the LEAF to take the shortest distance route and it will take the 101 (CA-1).

I also drove up from San Diego (Mira Mesa Area). But, I stayed with the freeways, driving 60-65. On the way, I stopped for a couple hrs of free juice in San Juan Capistrano (Weseloh Nissan). Tony Dang @ Skyline plugged me in to 120V @ his shop while the work was being done; so I had 100% charge when I left for home. On the way back, I stopped @ Nissan of Oceanside (78 & College) for a couple hrs of charge. No reason anyone couldn't make it with a single charge from anywhere in the SAN area. Leather was the best thing I ever added to the Leaf. I just couldn't stand that cheap, fuzzy looking interior from the factory. It makes a HUGE difference.

I want Leather but being a meat avoider, I'm torn.

Could you post picks of your seats? The color choice sounds like what I was thinking but not sure how it would look. How comfortable is the material and does it smell for a long time like others noted?

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
Sullyfahs, I was part of the group buy & have custom wet suit material seat covers with heaters in the back and bum portion of the front seat covers. They are three colors (light grey in the middle with blue piping and darker grey for the outer portion of the seats and a center console cover). They also have some flaps in the side of the front seats for the air bags to deploy. They have pockets on the backs of the front seats to hold magazines, etc... Wet Okale makes them. I also used scotch guard on the door armrests. This is an amazing car, 3000 miles so far for $45 in electricity.

marccbr said:
All, thanks for the input. I think I just might try pushing the limits of this vehicle.
You should - the leather makes for a very different feel. You should be able to make it to Laguna Beach to charge. From Laguna Beach, taking Pacific Coast Highway to Tony at Skyline is less than 25 miles. So call Tony http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and don't forget to ask about tinting if you need it.

EVDrive said:

I’m a semi vegetarian as well only occasionally eating chicken but I have kids and this fabric that was used from the OEM will not last very long. The Wet Okale is nice but the price difference is not much. And I would think that the leather would take the punishment much better and last longer.

marccbr said:
EVDrive said:

I’m a semi vegetarian as well only occasionally eating chicken but I have kids and this fabric that was used from the OEM will not last very long. The Wet Okale is nice but the price difference is not much. And I would think that the leather would take the punishment much better and last longer.

I'am sure Tony can do an ALL vinyl upholstery. The only part of the upholstery that is leather is the seat surface, the part that you sit on. The arm restd and backs of the seats are vinyl.

So call him and ask if he will do ALL vinyl.

Someone on this forum asked me whether Skyline does all custom or whether they use a kit. Those of us who have used Tony's service know that it's custom and the original upholstery is removed but I did contact Tony to see if he could make a kit available for those who don't live in Southern California. He said yes, but it's not easy. See here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5963&p=136534#p136534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marccbr said:
He needs to open up a shop in San Diego. If they were in my range I would definetly get mine done as well.
The EV Oasis Quick charger will be up and running in (hopefully) less than 90 days ... a perfect stopping place to easily make the Westminster run. So, no more excuses!
;)
EVDrive said:
Well . . . look at it this way, since the meat WILL be eaten ... I'd be a shame to just waste the skin.
:eek:

Back