Anyone has a RFID card from Blink?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rawhog said:
Another day. Another load of excuses from ECOtality. But, still no RFID card. I can certainly see why they were picked by the EPA to run the EV Project. They are as incompetent as the legislators who picked them. :evil:

I have a RFID card but it has not done me any good because all of the public Blink chargers I have tried are offline, without out of service or won't authorize. What good is this Blink you guys are useless. The DOE/EPA needs to rethink your contract.

There are VERY few Blink charging stations in L.A. area, compared to a bunch of Chargepoint stations (most of which are free). Haven't bothered to get a Blink card for that reason.

I received a card in July. When I tried to activate it I got the message "Card does not appear ready to be activated." I called and they said they would send another card, which on My Profile is listed as having been mailed. Never received it. Requested another online and got the 'handled soon as possible' message. Yet they are installing chargers throughout the Tucson area. Why bother if you are not enabling cards?

OK, finally I got my Blink RFID card last Friday(it only took 3 months), registered it on Saturday, and tried it out on my way home from work today. It worked but it took a few attempts to get started charging, and I'm not sure how I got it to work.

In the bright sunlight I could not read the LCD screen. I think I tried swiping the card and then plugging in. Plugging in and then swiping. And some other combinations that included poking what may have been touch screen options. I was giving up and dialing the customer service number on the card when I noticed my dash LEDs indicated I had started charging.

Does anyone have specific instructions to activate these Blink public chargers?

Blink releases the plan;

What are the differences between the memberships?

Blink Plus membership provides the lowest price per charge, the greatest charging freedom, and a variety of other member benefits. For a low $30 annual fee (now waived until the beginning of 2013), Blink Plus members charge at an access rate of $1 per hour. Blink Basic members have no annual fees and are charged an access fee of $1.50 per hour. Guests are always welcome to charge for an access fee of $2.00 per hour. Register with the Blink Network now and the first year of Blink Plus membership is free.

https://www.blinknetwork.com/membership-faqs.html?

Seems like folks are having a lot of "issues" with the Blink card. Here is what I did and received mine within 5 days by mail:

1. Went to Blink web site and signed up for the card. using the information they requested, including VIN, type of home charging unit, etc..

2. Retrieved the card from the mail box.

3. Went to the Blink website and clicked on "activate card"; put in information requested; received message back "Card is Activated".

In using my card, I have gone to three different places in the Nashville area to try it out.

1. Parked in a non-ICEd electric vehicle/Blink charger place.

2. Placed the Blink card onto the front of the Blink pedestal mount where it said to "Place card here"

3. Waited for signal to plug in -- about 10 seconds

4. Plugged in.

5. Went into Tittie Bar and watched Pole Dancers, drank whiskey and beer;

6. Came out, unplugged and went home.

I am curious after reading some of the exploits of posters as to why Blink Cards worked for me and not for them??

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
5. Went into Tittie Bar and watched Pole Dancers, drank whiskey and beer;

6. Came out, unplugged and went home.

I am curious after reading some of the exploits of posters as to why Blink Cards worked for me and not for them??

Dave

Clearly it was the whiskey and beer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back