Did Everybody Get Their Free Nissan Cast Metal LEAF Model?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be out of luck as well. I had hopes since my original delivery date was in April and I got pushed back to May, but since I just slid under the 4-7 month delivery estimate, I guess I wasn't delayed enough.

After getting a broken blue LEAF, right hand drive toy, I called the number of the VP listed on the letter. Left a voice mail last Friday afternoon. Got a call Wednesday, apology and a promise to make it right. Got a well packed toy on Thursday! No rattle. We'll keep it in the box and I'll repair the broken one for display.

HarryHouck said:
After getting a broken blue LEAF, right hand drive toy, I called the number of the VP listed on the letter. Left a voice mail last Friday afternoon. Got a call Wednesday, apology and a promise to make it right. Got a well packed toy on Thursday! No rattle. We'll keep it in the box and I'll repair the broken one for display.

Same thing happened with mine and I too called that number and Mike called me the other day to say they were shipping another one protected better. When I posted this on another thread, Skywagon lambasted me for asking for an unbroken one because HE didn't receive one. I told him it was for people that had to wait a long time (he got his LEAF early Jan.), at least that's what I read on here. Besides, if he really wants one, he's very wealthy, so he can definitely order himself one and in the color he wants (blue only for these). I think they are about $30. I find it unbelievable and selfish that someone would complain when they received their LEAF in a timely manner. I have no idea why he posted such a crappy post about it. I told him since he doesn't seem to mind broken things, I would give him my broken one.

Only problem is that the model is sliver, and my Leaf is blue!

leafmodel2.jpg

leafmodel1.jpg

But beggars can't be choosey!

kinda makes me wonder what was the criteria for getting one?

we have members in the very first group (Michael) other states, etc. that did not get one.

from people who did get one, i cannot discern any kind of pattern here.

considering they were right hand drive i have to assume they were left overs from some marketing scheme in Japan. that would explain the fact that some got one and some did not.

i would find it hard to believe that Nissan simply misjudged the # of cars needed

Back