Did Everybody Get Their Free Nissan Cast Metal LEAF Model?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's called sarcasm. I thought that was quite clear to most:) I also noticed the paint was quite thin on my LEAF model. Anyone else notice it rubs off easily?

EVDRIVER said:
Anyone else notice it rubs off easily?
Nope. Mine did however accidentally got knocked into the sink, which I treated as a divinely inspired way to remove "pollen".

Unlike some others it came through transit without any body damage.

EVDRIVER said:
I also noticed the paint was quite thin on my LEAF model. Anyone else notice it rubs off easily?
No, but then again, I haven't been rubbing it.

The only damage to ours is the plastic case has a crack along the top. And since our car is blue, it's a match. Now all I need is little tiny Mossy paper plates (I do wonder when our real plates are going to get here).

Before I opened it I was thinking of giving it to my great-grandson, who plays with toy cars a lot more than I do, but I see that the box says "This product is an accurate scale model and not a toy." However, the box also warns, "Do not catch your hands or fingers into moveable parts such as doors and wheels!" Since the only moveable part I could discover was the rear wheels (which move together) I guess I can take anything it says on the box with a grain of salt. Speaking of accurate, that's nowhere close to the color of my blue LEAF.

Bottom line: Anybody that wants mine can have it for the cost of getting it to you.

Ray

Edit: DaveinOlyWA was the first to send me a PM, so he is getting it.

planet4ever said:
Bottom line: Anybody that wants mine can have it for the cost of getting it to you.
I just pm'd you with my contact information...
I'm in Sunnyvale, so I could just pick it up and thus the "cost of getting it to me" would be zero, just like the emission [sic] on our Leafs! ;-)
--Steve

Is this a random event for some getting the free gift of model Leafs?

Just curious, to all of you who received the free model Leafs, did you participate in any of the past Nissan Leaf surveys?

I can't seem to think other than one may have been rewarded for being part of those surveys....

rawhog said:
According to the CS I just chatted with, corporate started sending them out to people who had to wait a long time to get their cars. "Like because of the Tsunami".

Based on that I guess I'm not going to get one. Fair enough. Now the question is do I offer our Project Wildlife stuffed panda from the San Diego rollout in trade for a model car? I think...no. But I will trade my limited edition numbered Blnk piece of cardboard!

rawhog said:
According to the CS I just chatted with, corporate started sending them out to people who had to wait a long time to get their cars. "Like because of the Tsunami".
I wonder if a 14-month wait (from reservation to delivery of car) qualifies, and if so, how long will I have to wait for the model :) ? I am very thankful I got my car, so I am not complaining if I don't get the model.

If anyone would like to buy my Blink limited edition cardboard I will offer it to a forum member at a great price of $300 before it goes to ebay.

EVDRIVER said:
If anyone would like to buy my Blink limited edition cardboard I will offer it to a forum member at a great price of $300 before it goes to ebay.

rotfl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rawhog said:
Could be right. I got one, and had to wait exactly eight months from order (not reservation) to delivery.

Ray

It's called sarcasm. I thought that was quite clear to most:) I also noticed the paint was quite thin on my LEAF model. Anyone else notice it rubs off easily?

Am I the only one who figured that was more EVDRIVER humor (wonderfully deadpan, I might add ;) ), in reference to the thin-paint thread on this forum? Or is everyone just heeding the warning to not encourage him? :)

KeithFrechette said:

Am I the only one who figured that was more EVDRIVER humor (wonderfully deadpan, I might add ;) ), in reference to the thin-paint thread on this forum? Or is everyone just heeding the warning to not encourage him? :)

Hey! I like EVDRIVER's "deadpan humor". Let's have some more, EV... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :p

I'd like to give one of these to give one of these to my son, who is nuts about our new (full-size) LEAF.

If you don't want yours, let me know. If you live in the Silicon Valley area I can pick it up from you.

smilingbee said:
I'd like to give one of these to give one of these to my son, who is nuts about our new (full-size) LEAF.

If you don't want yours, let me know. If you live in the Silicon Valley area I can pick it up from you.

Our 2 year old is nuts about the full size Leaf too! She even says that it runs on "Eletwicity"... if you don't want yours shoot me a line, I'd be happy to pay shipping. Looks like we are not going to get one.

george

Back