Brake system warning light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpodoll

Got the car 4 days ago. About 2 out of three times we drive it we get a yellow brake warning light, along with a yellow master warning light. Lights stay on until car is turned off. Manual says take it in. Should we be in a hurry to do so? Anyone else seen something similar?

dpodoll said:
Got the car 4 days ago. About 2 out of three times we drive it we get a yellow brake warning light, along with a yellow master warning light. Lights stay on until car is turned off. Manual says take it in. Should we be in a hurry to do so? Anyone else seen something similar?

No, that's definitely abnormal. I would take it in. However, I would first double check your fluid level, just to make sure it's adequate....it could just be something as simple as that.

dpodoll said:
Brake warnings on a 4 day old car? Heck yeah, I'd get it right in. You don't want to find out it's serious by plowing into a crosswalk or something.

Update - Nissan has it. Local guys are in contact with engineers on the mainland (I assume LA), who in turn are contacting engineers in Japan. Must be something new and exciting. Wondering how long this will drag out...

dpodoll said:
Update - Nissan has it. Local guys are in contact with engineers on the mainland (I assume LA), who in turn are contacting engineers in Japan. Must be something new and exciting. Wondering how long this will drag out...

Throwing an undocumented code. Someone in Japan is trying to figure it out...

Congrats on being the first with the new code! (Only kidding) Thanks for the info and keep us posted as your issue is resolved.

dpodoll said:

Day 7 - local dealer communicates with Mainland daily. Mainland waiting for Japan engineers to figure it out. Japan engineers nil heard. Dealer is opening a complaint in our name with Nissan. Just hope you're not the first to experience a problem.

dpodoll said:
dpodoll said:

Day 7 - local dealer communicates with Mainland daily. Mainland waiting for Japan engineers to figure it out. Japan engineers nil heard. Dealer is opening a complaint in our name with Nissan. Just hope you're not the first to experience a problem.

Defective brake light switch...replaced...ready to pick up

dpodoll said:
Defective brake light switch...replaced...ready to pick up

Not so fast...warning light came on as we left the dealership...back into the loaner...

Hi:

I just got the same error and my wife brought it in to the dealer. Did you get a resolution to this problem? My dealer has no idea what is going on. I would like to figure out what is wrong with my leaf.

Thanks

You could check (or have the dealer check) the wheel speed sensor wiring harnesses. I had one come unclipped and it chafed the wires to the point that ABS and traction system malfunctions ensued. Doesn't sound like you have any of my symptoms, though. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Did either of the two posts in this thread ever have their brake light issue resolved?

beefee88 said:
Hi:

I just got the same error and my wife brought it in to the dealer. Did you get a resolution to this problem? My dealer has no idea what is going on. I would like to figure out what is wrong with my leaf.

Thanks
Mine turned out to be a defective brake control module which they replaced and all has been well

dpodoll said:
Mine turned out to be a defective brake control module which they replaced and all has been well

Any chance of finding out what the "undocumented" code was and posting it here? It might be helpful to someone else down the line.

That was a lot of time to fix something that should have been an afternoon project.

Back