Anyone has a RFID card from Blink?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ingineer said:
I just received a card from them, only I've never requested one!

Strange!

-Phil

My guess is that you registered on the Blink network website, which generated a membership number. I received one yesterday, too. The cute recycled cardboard mailer has a Forever stamp and an Oakland postmark. They probably mailed them to everyone in the area with a membership number. I requested one, too, but I think that's just coincidental. The website still shows my request as pending. Not that there is any place to use the card yet.

oakwcj said:
Ingineer said:
I just received a card from them, only I've never requested one!

Strange!

-Phil

My guess is that you registered on the Blink network website, which generated a membership number. I received one yesterday, too. The cute recycled cardboard mailer has a Forever stamp and an Oakland postmark. They probably mailed them to everyone in the area with a membership number. I requested one, too, but I think that's just coincidental. The website still shows my request as pending. Not that there is any place to use the card yet.

I got one yesterday as well....never been on the Blink website before. Trying to set up an account now, but it won't errors out each time.

Ready2plugin said:
I got one yesterday as well....never been on the Blink website before. Trying to set up an account now, but it won't errors out each time.
Perhaps they already set up an account for you. Did you try using forgot my password and putting in your email address? I seem to think that is how I got into the site the first time.

Spies said:
Ready2plugin said:
Perhaps they already set up an account for you. Did you try using forgot my password and putting in your email address? I seem to think that is how I got into the site the first time.

Yep, they must have when they installed the Blink....the email idea worked. Thanks!

Since April I've requested a Blink Network RFID numerous times, both online and through customer service. I've received nothing. Others, who never requested one, have received theirs. Ya, that's about right.

I now got 2 cards! (anyone need my extra?)

Requested my via blinknetwork about 6 weeks ago, called, e-mailed multiple times with no result...
couple of weeks ago I got in contact with local ecotality office in Seattle and got the first card the next day!
And yesterday I got second one from Blink in overnight FEDEX envelop ;)

I just got a Blink card in the "plain brown wrapper".
Logged in to www.blinknetwork.com and ... using IE7
I cannot activate the card, because the "security text"
is apparently a black on black field somewhere, that
I cannot see or find.

Also, they keep suggesting that I update my password,
and I enter the same one, it says it is good, and then
there is more black on black (or one time, white on white)
with no apparent way to proceed ... so I use the "Esc" key.

If this is the way you Blink-users are being treated, it is
worse than the buggy websites that Nissan had us use.

I just got my card today, registered it, and I still have a request for a card on the website. So, these must be just sent out automatically...

Volusiano said:
mogur said:
Yep, me too.

tzzhc4 said:
I just received mine in the mail today too.
Me three. I'm not sure if this is the card that I requested, or an unsolicited card. When I'm logged in to the Blinknetwork site, it still shows my card request as pending.

Previously, we registered on the website, requested the RFID card from their website dashboard after you're logged in.

I don't understand if we still need to "register" or activate the RFID card after receiving it in the mail? Do we?

My card came today, after waiting almost a month. The only thing was, after logging into their website, I couldn't figure out how to activate the card. A customer service representative told me to click on the "See Why" link under "Request or Activate an RFID Card". Although counterintuitive, that worked. Part of the confusion is that there seems to have been a request for a second card, which I don't think I ever asked for.

Given that we already have three (!!) ChargePoint cards, my wife's first question was, "Why don't they consolidate into one network?"

Back