Need a part number for the USB port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrRocket

I wish to disconnect the USB cable from the existing USB port, and connect it under the cupholder and out of sight, then run the iPod cable to the glove box so I won't have to disconnect and connect the iPod each time I drive.

ETA:
I found the part number from http://www.parts.com. It is CONN-AUX ADUIO for $42. I'll try to disconnect the one that came with the car. $42 is too much for my taste.

ETA 2:
I took EVDRIVER's advice. I popped out the $42 connector, plugged the USB end of the iPod cable to it, routed my iPod cable beneath the center console, into the dash board and now my iPod is hidden. I found a cheap piece of black plastic to cover the resultant hole in the console. My iPod is hidden.

You'll have to contact a dealer parts department, who will look it up in the 'fiche.

Alternatively, why not just use the one you have? It won't be useful up there anyway with the cable removed.

I do wish they had put it inside the center console (box) rather than out in the open. No wire works well there.

On the contrary, I like the USB (and AUX) jack placement. Remember, it's not just for plugging in iPods/iPhones (which I'm going to do); you can charge all sorts of USB devices from that port. The flat (angled) space in the console is perfect to lay devices.

DrRocket said:
I wish to disconnect the USB cable from the existing USB port, and connect it under the cupholder and out of sight, then run the iPod cable to the glove box so I won't have to disconnect and connect the iPod each time I drive.
I keep the iPod in a gray cover and connected all the time (once in a while I bring it home to update music). It isn't really visible (but then I park in fairly safe places).

I took mine out of the port, the cable can be removed and an extension plugged in and you don't need any parts from Nissan. I have my ipod under the cup holder and may make an extension to put it in the center junk holder.

I just ran my iPod cable below the dash and into the glove box at the bottom edge. All that shows is the plug in the USB port. No wire visible and iPod out of sight in glovebox.

Isn't anyone worried about the effect of high temps in the interior of the car on their iPod and it's battery? I've been taking it with me, not because of theft, but to protect the device.

Back