Katzkin Leather Seat Covers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akohekohe said:
Called Katzkin today to ask if they had a pattern for the LEAF. Sounds like it will be a while. I installed the leather on my 2002 GOLF TDI and really like it. I asked them to e-mail me when the kit for the LEAF becomes available. Maybe if other people inquire and get on the list it will get them to move things along. I'm not particularly fond of the interior fabric the LEAF came with ...

I hear ya on the Leaf's interior fabric. I am not fond of it either especially coming from previous car having leather seats. I will inquire at Katzkin also if it will help.

SteveInSeattle said:
AutoTrim Design in Tukwila washignton quoted me 1250 for katzkin leather for my leaf-- I'm going to do it!

I'm planning to talk to them also. Was the 1250 for just the fronts? Any mention of the center storage thing? Or the armrests?

Please keep me posted either in this thread, of via PM.

SteveInSeattle said:
AutoTrim Design in Tukwila washignton quoted me 1250 for katzkin leather for my leaf-- I'm going to do it!
How long did they say they'd need the car for to do it?

2 days to do it. I picked the color "smoke" which is a grey and doesn't exactly match anything in the car but looked best to me. I didn't want to go to light. I changed installers to one closer to me, Mac's Upholstry in the ballard neighborhood of seattle. I'll keep people posted.

I decided not to go with the cheaper seat covers from coverking, although they are much cheaper they are covers over the OEM seats where the latzkin replace the oem covers and have a much more OEM-like installatioin. My motives were that the original interior is already showing dirt and will only get worse-- and I replaced a luxury car with the Leaf and want a few more of the luxury type amenities.

just had the katzkin leather and madico windows tinting (35/20) done at my cousin's honda dealership...

i must say the quality of the leather is really good and it looks/ feels awesome.

thou i wouldn't do windows tinting / leather at the same time next time around...
can't roll down the window and there's some sort of new leather smell...gonna have to live with it for 2 days...

Leather seats,heated seat options..Yikes its a 120 outside :shock: I just can not forget how many times I have burnt my legs on leather seats in the summer..Ill be glad when it cools down :cool:

dyyuan said:
just had the katzkin leather and madico windows tinting (35/20) done at my cousin's honda dealership...

i must say the quality of the leather is really good and it looks/ feels awesome.

thou i wouldn't do windows tinting / leather at the same time next time around...
can't roll down the window and there's some sort of new leather smell...gonna have to live with it for 2 days...

Can you post some pics. Would like to what it looks like.

I've been talking with Auto Trim Designs in Tukwila, WA about Katzkin leathers and I have been unimpressed with thier lack of professionalism. So I've started looking for a different route. I came across a website that will sell you just the leaters so you can install them yourself, or take them to your local upholstery shop.

http://www.shopsar.com/nissan-leaf-katzkin-leather-p/katz-j2ni48.htm

The web price is $750 for front and rear leathers and $300 for 2 seat heaters. At that price, I am strongly thinking about self installation. I've done it before in my Miata and would do it again if I had more free time...

Hope someone else appreciate the link I found.

I never liked leather, but I have to say, despite the cost, I may look into this. I really like the idea of doing the door panels and center console and some of these installs look really nice. I'm frequently around greasy vehicles and I'm so paranoid about getting the interior dirty to the point I'll drive my other car...which defeats the purpose of having the LEAF in the first place. The area you grab the door is already getting dirty.

Is the leather "tight" on the seat? It looks it but it's hard to tell.. I would not want leather that moves around or is loose on the seat.

my cousin who work at oen of the honda around the area, he took the car for 3 days, they did tint and leather.

i am not sure who did it as they have many contacts.

he owes me 2000 from before, and i have a feeling i won't be seeing a penny of that back.

and yes, the leather is tight, and looks / feel just like it came from the factory.

My Katzkin interior has been installed. I chose "smoke" which is a medium gray. I've decided to pay a little more and have Mac's Upholstery in Ballard (seattle) install them. The seats are very close in color to the color of the horn pad and upper dash, I'm pretty satisfied with how it all looks.

I found one on line outfit for do it yourselfers like me. http://www.autoseatskins.com
They do have the Nissan Leaf pattern available and the color sample booklet is amazing.

Andrew

We just picked up our car from the Katzkin installer in San Diego. I have to say we were really impressed with the leather and the installation. Originally we called the dealer to get a price which seemed high, so I ordered the sample book from www.shopSAR.com intending to do it myself. While I was waiting for the sample book to arrive I called around to local upholstery shops in case I decided to bail on the DIY install. One of the shops told me to just take it to www.americansunroof.com who is the local dealer installer for a number of car dealers. They were able to order the covers and install in a couple of days. Despite the name, most cars in the yard were new dealer vehicles getting leather upgrades.

We ordered the Tuscany leather upgrade, no piping, contrast stitching or perforations. It feels amazing. They completely remove the fabric from the front and back seats, hand rests and console and replace with the leather. Regular leather was $1165 and the Tuscany was +$400. We went with "cloud" and it matches very well.

I've got two of the sample books if anyone would like them and if you live in SD we can meet up if you want to see the install.

Back