Anyone has a RFID card from Blink?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dave for the good info. We have an Aero Environment unit at home. Bought it ala carte and had our neighbor electrician perform the electrical upgrade and installation. I'm going off of memory now, but I think that saved us about $600 maybe more. We've been very pleased with the AE unit.

Got one today. I never requested it but I'm part of the EV Project (have a Blink EVSE in my garage). I tried to activate the card and failed. I never had a Blink membership on their website, but when I sign up it says my email address is already in their system (I gave them the address for announcements related to the unit in my garage)... their password reset tool doesn't email you a password, it emails you a link that brings up a dialog to reset your password, but you need to know the old password to change it. I'll have to get Blink support to fix this.

sdbonez,Call Blink customer support. Blink customer support will work with you while you are on line to get you on their site and to accept your username and a new password.

stanley said:
sdbonez,Call Blink customer support. Blink customer support will work with you while you are on line to get you on their site and to accept your username and a new password.
Good luck getting through to Blink customer support!

They have a huge volume of support calls right now, because they simultaneously: mailed out all the backlogged RFID cards, ensuring that lots of people would need to access the web site; invalidated all old passwords, or all old passwords which hadn't changed from their initial setting, or all old passwords which weren't long enough; and changed their password recovery mechanism to a new one which doesn't work.

Hmm, make multiple software changes on a critical system simultaneously, without testing, and do it at the time of greatest need for stability. Yes, I see their software management philosophy remains the same. :)

But on the other hand, my Blink unit crashes rarely, and ECOtality has finally started installing public charging stations. So I'm willing to cut them a lot of slack!

Just saw that. Their MIS people are really talented, not sure I trust them with any secure info.

my blink card arrived today. when I logged in to register it, it showed that my requested card is still pending. after registering my card, the registered one now shows up as my second card, with the 1st still coming soon. :roll:

patrick0101 said:
my blink card arrived today. when I logged in to register it, it showed that my requested card is still pending. after registering my card, the registered one now shows up as my second card, with the 1st still coming soon. :roll:
Right, see above, that's what happened to me.

I sent 'em an email; they fixed it within an hour.

patrick0101 said:
Ditto, got my card yesterday, registered it, and the same thing is on my dashboard.

The Blink charge map is finally up and running as well. What sucks is that there are only 14 charging locations in the US right now for the Blink Network. They had better buckle down and get some more installed. Closest one the Nashville is the Oak Ridge National laboratory. They put in 23 L2 chargers there! Seriously? Put some in Nashville please!

Anyone else get an RFID card lately? I had requested one on 6/1, and I am still seeing, "Your request will be handled as soon as possible." I saw that some people got their RFID card and didn't even register. I really wish that I could have gone to the Balboa Presentation in SD because I heard that they handed them out there. I did get a chance to check out the chargers in Balboa park, and they were empty but required the RFID cards. :(

davewill said:
They don't even have all of their own installs there, yet. None of the San Diego EVSEs are on the map.

Yep... Same for Seatle, Half of the operational Blink stations in Seattle are not showing up on Blink map :(

leeeh2 said:
Anyone else get an RFID card lately? I had requested one on 6/1, and I am still seeing, "Your request will be handled as soon as possible." I saw that some people got their RFID card and didn't even register. I really wish that I could have gone to the Balboa Presentation in SD because I heard that they handed them out there. I did get a chance to check out the chargers in Balboa park, and they were empty but required the RFID cards. :(

Give the Ecotality office in San Diego a call. They may still have some to give out. I missed the Balboa park event too but really wanted a card so I called them. They said they still had a few so I stopped by and got one. The office is in Mission Valley underneath the 805. I ordered the cards on the website before I even had a car and still haven't received one in the mail.

I though I was finally getting my car in May so I signed up or Blink and Chargepoint in late April. I got the Chargepoint a week after signing up but never got my Blink card. So when I did get my Leaf in June I signed up again but never got the card. Finally I saw a local business that had just installed a set of Blink chargers was giving away cards so I went over and picked one up. Not sure what is up with Blink since on top of this half the time I use their website it gives backend server errors.

Also I really wish the Blink card was a keyfob like Chargepoint :(

Back