New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.6A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, davewill. The charger is back to normal and I reported it to Customer Service. They said they have seen this issue over the past few days and improvements to the software will be follow. They were very pleasant to work with.

So I think I figured out what is going on.

For instance, last night I got two "completed" emails. One at 11:30pm and one a 1:33am.

If you look at the blink, it says the charge (the last charge) lasted 5 seconds. Nothing useful, such as balancing, will come from a 5 second charge so I'm still not sold these multiple charge cycles are balancing. I've been watching the charge time shown on the screen when I unplug and it always seems to be less than 10 seconds.

But the reason I never used to get multiple emails is because I only recently added an end time to the leaf timer. So even if the blink reset the pilot signal telling the car it was just plugged in, the timer wouldn't let it because it wasn't exactly 9pm.

I still feel the blink firmware is causing this. Anyone know if people with the AV EVSE get multiple emails?

Has anyone noticed that 1.6A is more flaky than 1.5A? I can't keep count of how many times I've had to reboot the Blink because it's stuck or errors out or simply doesn't provide a charge, or provides a charge but doesn't say it's charging, or won't stop a charge on command. When I was on the 1.5A, I don't remember it being as flaky. The reboot is required almost on a daily basis now if not more often.

Nope, mine has been rock solid with 1.6A since the day it upgraded itself... I have not had to reboot it once so far...

Volusiano said:
Has anyone noticed that 1.6A is more flaky than 1.5A? I can't keep count of how many times I've had to reboot the Blink because it's stuck or errors out or simply doesn't provide a charge, or provides a charge but doesn't say it's charging, or won't stop a charge on command. When I was on the 1.5A, I don't remember it being as flaky. The reboot is required almost on a daily basis now if not more often.

mogur said:
Nope, mine has been rock solid with 1.6A since the day it upgraded itself... I have not had to reboot it once so far...

Volusiano said:

Same here. No problems at all. Also, I've only gotten a couple of "erroneous" charging stopped messages in two months. Maybe it has to do with a power spike/drop or unclean power on the grid?

mogur said:
Mine has been acting flaky for the last 2 days after months of working fine. It has been displaying $0 and 0 elapsed time for charging events that are taking place at times that have NOT been programmed to occur. The system log shows a bunch of errors from Jun 22 & 23. The firmware shows ver. "L2R.1.6A, 035A,1.10"--are these the same as everyone else has now? See my post in the Carwings oddities thread for more details on my recent experience. I thought it was a Carwings problem, but I'm beginning to think it is Blink related (or a combination of the two systems interacting in a weird way).

edit: called Blink support and they just said that there are "known issues with time reporting" that they are working to correct. They had me power cycle the unit and I will report back to them if it doesn't resolve the problem.

TT

Volusiano said:
Since I switched to the Netgear ethernet to wifi adapter it's been rock solid. Zero problems at all.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Maybe it's just my physical unit and not the 1.6A firmware then.

I have a ticket out for my wifi problem and it's been 2 weeks of waiting for somebody to come out the install the PLI device. I called and ask them what the hold up is, and the Blink supervisor told me that the field contractors have been very busy dealing with lots of faulty Blink units to even worry about the wifi issue right now (which is secondary to the Blink not working/charging for other customers). Maybe they got a bad batch?

I have seen this happen twice and I'm wondering if it is happening for anyone else.

Here it is: I pull into my garage and the Blink screen comes on from screen saver mode automatically. This is before I have even touched it. My guess it that it has wirelessly detected the car. Anyone else seen this? Could be coincidental resets.

patrick0101 said:
I have seen this happen twice and I'm wondering if it is happening for anyone else.

Here it is: I pull into my garage and the Blink screen comes on from screen saver mode automatically. This is before I have even touched it. My guess it that it has wirelessly detected the car. Anyone else seen this? Could be coincidental resets.

Poor touch screen implementation, it does not detect your car wirelessly.

patrick0101 said:
Are my headlights activating the touchscreen?
More likely vibration. Try opening and closing the garage door when the screen is off. I bet that's what's doing it...or it might be the mega sub-woofer you installed. ;)

new Blink issue for me.
It reset a few days ago and now the screen's touch function does not work.
All other aspects are fine.

I guess the only solution is to reset.

turbo2ltr said:
I still feel the blink firmware is causing this. Anyone know if people with the AV EVSE get multiple emails?

I'm getting multiple emails, The last couple days it is because the timer in the Leaf hits the "start" time. It begins then determines the batt is charged from the night before then stops.

Have you ever seen the Blink reset itself (not after a firmware update) without being forced by you or anyone? One time I came out in the morning and saw it "stuck" in the reset mode (the "Please Wait" screen you normally see after it comes back up after a reset).

Also has anyone seen a case where your remote app says charging is done at 83%, plugged in but not charging. But then you go out to the garage, disconnect from the Leaf, wake up the Blink screen only to see it still say charging? Again at this point, the only recourse is a power cycle to reset.

I swear, it's like there are electronic gremlins inside my Blink causing all sorts of weird problems. A reset may zap them away for a little while, but it's only a matter of time before they return again.

One issue could be how Nissan handles charge timers that span midnight. For eg. I've a charger that starts at 7:00 PM and goes till 10 AM. It is set for Monday to Friday. What exactly does Nissan do if my Monday's charging completed before midnight ? Does it think it is still in the charging timeslot and try to charge again - and thats why we get the second email complete ?

davewill said:
More likely vibration.
too bad what I thought was a cool feature, turns out to be a bug.
davewill said:
Try opening and closing the garage door when the screen is off.
tried a few things (other than actually touching it) and could not make it come on.

Volusiano said:
Have you ever seen the Blink reset itself (not after a firmware update) without being forced by you or anyone?

I see this once or twice a week. Very annoying if this happens at 3am, because I then get a text message on my phone that 'charging stopped'. Blink connects to the Internet via the wireless.

I haven't seen it 'hang' during the reboot except for 1 time when my daughter accidentally unplugged my wireless access point.

My assessment: The Blink crashes at random intervals. If it can't connect to the Internet when it reboots, the boot can fail.

Back