New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.6A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reported the time problem and got a response back that it has been fixed and I should see this on my system within 2 hours. I checked it just now (an hour later) and it is now correct. I have the same firmware ver, my timezone (Pacific) and other time settings are the same, and there is nothing listed in the logs that I see, so I have no idea what they did. The time is now correct on the Blink itself and via the HTTP interface. It's bad they had this minor issue in the first place, but very responsive & effective customer support is nice to see.

Now I know what they changed. All the widgets on "My Dashboard" of blinknetwork.com are failing and reporting "ERROR: Time zone US/Pacific-New not recognized".

If I change the timezone back to "Pacific" rather than "Pacific-New" then the widgets work, but the time is wrong again (off by one hour). Sounds like they have some coding to do. I reported the error.

patrick0101 said:
"ERROR: Time zone US/Pacific-New not recognized"
I just got an email that said they have found the cause of this bug; it is now fixed and will be released in the June firmware update. Again, great communication and customer support.

I got some weird behavior with new update...
I plugged in Leaf while Blink was in Settings page (I checked some stuff before plugging in) and after that Blink displayed "Processing..." message and become unresponsive to any touches, but it did charge the leaf...
I had to powercycle to restore touchscreen functionality.
Anyone else experienced this?

UkrainianKozak said:
I plugged in Leaf while Blink was in Settings page (I checked some stuff before plugging in) and after that Blink displayed "Processing..." message and become unresponsive to any touches, but it did charge the leaf...
I had this same problem yesterday, however it was on the regular status screen. I ended up rebooting the Blink to make it responsive again.

UkrainianKozak said:

Yes, I had it too.

Since it was charging fine, I left it alone. I came back 3 hours later and the screen was normal again. No reboot required.

I definitely am finding that 1.5 was more stable than 1.6.

Last night it started charging at 9.
At 9:57 it stopped charging at 10 of 12 bars
At 11:12, it completed charging
At 12:08, it completed charging again.

And it's not the first time it's doing this. It's been randomly doing this ever since 1.6.

I NEVER got multiple emails like this prior to 1.6.

The other day I came out and it was on the startup screen where it has a big BLINK logo and says "setup" and "start charging" . After a few clicks it ended up rebooting itself.

mine is working fine.
BUT
the url for the local access changes once in awhile and I have to go fetch the new variation (last 3 digits) to reconnect.
I did notice very occasional stop-start charging, near the end of the 80% cycle.

turbo2ltr said:
I have got multiple completed emails many times - both in 1.6 and earlier. I assumed that was Leaf doing some rebalancing.

thankyouOB said:
mine is working fine.
BUT
the url for the local access changes once in awhile and I have to go fetch the new variation (last 3 digits) to reconnect.
I did notice very occasional stop-start charging, near the end of the 80% cycle.

If your Blink is using DHCP on the network settings, then the address will change periodically. If you set it up with a static IP address, it won't change...

evnow said:
turbo2ltr said:
I have got multiple completed emails many times - both in 1.6 and earlier. I assumed that was Leaf doing some rebalancing.
I am not saying that 1.6 version doesn't add complexity and couldn't be responsible for additional messages, but this multiple notifications issue is defintely NOT unique to the Blink. Like evnow I have also gotten multiple complete notifications. Normally only one (untimed charging to 100%), usually two (timed charging to 80%, but recently also happens to 100%), and very rarely more. This happens on a home-modified Avcon (L2). But also has happened on a residential Coulomb CT500 -- 2x notifications to untimed 100%, and 4x (!) notifications to untimed 100%.

Edit: Now I don't recall whether the CT500 events were timed or untimed (button override). But the point is ... the LEAF is doing something (apart from what the Blink might be doing) that causes multiple messages.

evnow said:
turbo2ltr said:

I have gotten multiple "charge complete" emails on each firmware version. Sometimes three or four, I thought it was balancing too.

Can't the temp warming up do it also? As the battery temperature rises it may charge just a little more because the capacity is increasing. I know I lose battery bars when it warms up during the day.
ON EDIT: I should say FINALLY warms up during the day. :lol:

I am finding the same thing. I have to reboot frequently now...and the unit has started to make some odd fan-like noises and groans as it starts up (must be tired). It is awfully hot in my garage, so I wonder if it can't take the heat - not a good sign if they are installed outside, but then again there may more air flow outside. I haven't had charging interrupted yet, but it doesn't like to "wake-up." I'm guessing it has something to do with the screen saver (which I love).

evnow said:
I have got multiple completed emails many times...
I got a completion notice today at 1PM and my car was unplugged at the time and had been unplugged for about 10 hours when this email was sent.

Charged to 100% overnight. My screen is now "frozen"with the word "processing" on it. Has anyone else had this experience. How do you get the screen to go back to normal?

stanley said:
Charged to 100% overnight. My screen is now "frozen"with the word "processing" on it. Has anyone else had this experience. How do you get the screen to go back to normal?
Probably needs a power cycle. Unplug the car, first! I'd still report it to Blink support, though. They should know that units are doing that.

patrick0101 said:
evnow said:
I have got multiple completed emails many times...
I got a completion notice today at 1PM and my car was unplugged at the time and had been unplugged for about 10 hours when this email was sent.
Well, at least this can't be Blink's problem ;-)

stanley said:
davewill, What is a power cycle and how does one do it?
Power cycle = turning it off and then back on.

Unplug the car, then turn off (or unplug) the Blink. Wait a couple minutes, then turn it back on. It will take you back through setup, again. If you don't want to do the setup, just leave it for a while and it will give up and go to the main screen keeping the old setup.

Back