2012 LEAF receives 50% discount for Traction Battery Replacement January 2021

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
105 miles on the GOM :shock: they must have been coasting the last mile before they parked it and then took the photo :lol: I see no mention of the battery they got, I can't believe they got anything other than the stock 24k battery.
So Nissan would want $10k for a new battery, kinda makes it a hard sell for a 9-year-old vehicle with a normal selling price around $5k. If you bought something like this and it got totaled in a couple years, I wonder what they'd offer you? You could take a real bath :(

The paperwork confirms that it's a 24 kWh pack, with the cold weather battery warmer, based on this part number:

295B0-9RB9D

It's miraculous that Nissan agreed to pay for any portion of a pack replacement on a 2012.

alozzy said:
The paperwork confirms that it's a 24 kWh pack, with the cold weather battery warmer, based on this part number:

295B0-9RB9D

It's miraculous that Nissan agreed to pay for any portion of a pack replacement on a 2012.
Good research, yes either the seller had to be a real PIA to Nissan or more than likely just a very skilled negotiator, kudos to them. Note I'm not saying the car might only be worth $5k as it seems to be almost mint with very limited miles but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your status) there seem to be quite a few similar ones like it frequently for sale, of course not all with a basically new battery. For better or worse Leafs are really a buyers market, lots for sale but few buyers. Again my main concern with purchasing something like this would be insurance, you'd be taking quite a bit of a gamble if it ever got totaled, you could lose a significant percentage of your money. Sure a similar thing could happen with a new vehicle but percentage-wise it would be better with a newer car vs this Leaf which has a very low insurance value. I do wish the seller good luck though.

Our 11 bar, 24 kWh LEAF is meeting our use case but I would not be inclined to pour money into it for more of the same. I suppose part of it is irrational consumerism but newer cars with bigger batteries are a convenience, a crutch, a safety margin, and come with updated features.

$2,000 ? Sure
$5,000 ? Not really interested. That said, I do hope that Nissan goes back to $5k replacements for people who want them so that these cars stay on the road as cheap, reliable city commuters

"Tony" is the service manager at Concord Nissan.
He said that this deal was all on Nissan corporate.
We have no clue as to how the LEAF owner- Mr. Johnson- managed to receive such a bargain from Nissan.
A '16 LEAF with the 30kWh TB or a '17, each with 10 remaining capacity bars, has more energy than this '12 LEAF with a new TB.
The owner is asking way too much for the '12 LEAF.

Back