LeafSpy Results for used 2018 SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charding42

Hi All,

Looking for any input on leafspy results for a 2018 SV I just looked at, on the odometer it has 26kmiles.

I will use the vehicle primary for commuting which is 60-70 miles round trip half highway, half major road with stoplights. I have a L2 charger available at my apartment building. I live in GA so I am aware that charging the vehicle in the hot temperatures is not ideal. I plan to setup the timer to charge overnight as it cools off and I will avoid charging during the day as much as possible.

Thanks for the help, first time using LeafSpy so not sure exactly what I'm looking at, other than the SOH.

https://imgur.com/a/sfrqVo3

Hi,

The cell voltage histogram is OK, actually good
Regarding capacity degradation, take at look at the sticker inside on driver side door jamb for manufacturing date. Use that to calculate annual loss of capacity since you know that 8.75% is lost to date. E.g. a 2 year old car would be 4.4% a year. That will probably continue

Battery statistics look good. You will need a full charge (6-7 hours at maximum charge rate, longer if less than 30 amperes at 208 or 240 volts) to make your round trip each day with some reserve for errands. Is the L2 charging unit shared or dedicated to your apartment? If shared, what alternatives do you have for charging when it is not available?

GerryAZ said:
Battery statistics look good. You will need a full charge (6-7 hours at maximum charge rate, longer if less than 30 amperes at 208 or 240 volts) to make your round trip each day with some reserve for errands. Is the L2 charging unit shared or dedicated to your apartment? If shared, what alternatives do you have for charging when it is not available?
He said 60 - 70 miles daily commute. Did you double his commute ?

SageBrush said:
GerryAZ said:
He said 60 - 70 miles daily commute. Did you double his commute ?
His intended daily use profile appears very close to mine, maybe even a bit less. I use ~55-60% of a 40KWh pack (that is showing 91% SOH) to achieve the distance commute, then 3-4 hours to recover that amount of power on L2. He has plenty of battery capacity with some future degradation space.

I was being conservative since half of the commute is highway and I am used to highway speeds in the west. If highway speed is less than I typically see in Arizona or California, then there will be less charging time required each day.

Back