Where is that Firewall Grommet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dino153091

Hi there! I am looking to run a powerline from the 12v battery into the cabin for a subwoofer install I am doing (i might make a post for that) :D
To do so, however, i need to run it through the firewall. I know were the driver's side grommet is from the engine compartiment (2015 Leaf) yet I cannot find it on the inside. I have been through countless topics but I cannot find the answer I am looking for.. Please help! I want to get this project done this weekend.

Can anyone help? I still have no answer and I need to get to work on this project. I just need any firewall gromet location and how to reach it from the interior.

dino153091 said:
Can anyone help? I still have no answer and I need to get to work on this project. I just need any firewall gromet location and how to reach it from the interior.

Sorry, no idea for the Leaf. I've always just made a new hole with a new rated grommet. I always find that the original ones are *just* the size to fit the OE harnesses and you'd be overstressing the bundle with a nice large 4awg power wire or something like that in addition to what was already there...

Passenger side, remove the plastic, behind it (the carpet there is a hole. you can also see it from inside the hood. just tag/pm me if u need a pic. cna also email you one (prefer that)

Did you ever solve this? I have the same problem and have found no information anywhere about it.

I have a 2021 Nissan Leaf and have been looking under the hood all day and haven't seen anything. I'm thinking I may have to drill my own gromet hole... I even disassembled the glove compartment to check there but see nothing.

My specific goal is to run a 14 gauge extension cord through the firewall from an inverter mounted on the motor itself. I want to have AC power in the cabin for charging my laptop and any other needs.

I've attached some photos (hopefully) of what it all looks like in case that helps anyone.

https://imgur.com/a/MbxBJVS

Back