GCC: CARB approves $533M funding plan for clean transportation investments

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/10/20191025-arb.html

Among the details, owing to the CVRP rebate program being over-subscribed in the past they've added a limit of $60k max. base MSRP, which is still ludicrously high IMO as are the income caps, but at least a move in the right direction. I think it should be no more than $40k base MSRP - anyone who can afford to consider a Model 3 LR or one of the current FCEVs should pay for it themselves.

PHEVs will now only qualify for the CVRP rebate if they have at least a 35 mile AER, which I think eliminates virtually all of the current vehicles except the Clarity and i3 REx (if it's not in its own category). That seems counterproductive - I could see requiring a 20 or 25 mile AER, but if you want to make PEVs mainstream you have to get the price down for mass-market buyers, and that means low $20s. Only small-battery PHEVs like the Prime can do that now with the CVRP rebate (assuming that the buyers won't qualify for much if any of the fed. tax credit).

Back