Putting charging stations at gas stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oilpan4

https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20190214/petro-canada-launching-coast-to-coast-charging-network/

Which is funny because I remember someone on mnl earlier this year going on about how gas stations would be a stupid place to put charging stations.

For years Kwik Trip in Wisconsin was the only public place to charge a non-Tesla

Sadly it was just 20 amp L1 but was used by many coupled with a walk to make their commute

Lately though they have backed off on having the L1 outlet with the familiar and deceptive electric vehicle charging station sign

No one has taken up the cause as they have bowed out.

I myself used them for 4 free miles when I stopped there filled and ate lunch

Oilpan4 said:
https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20190214/petro-canada-launching-coast-to-coast-charging-network/

Which is funny because I remember someone on mnl earlier this year going on about how gas stations would be a stupid place to put charging stations.
It may be stupid but it is
1. better than nothing
2. just another choice, which is never bad.

So long as the fuel stations are footing the bill to place the EV charging stations I see nothing to object to. Subsiding the installation, or letting the fuel station set the tariff on a subsidized charging station is open to debate and criticism. If there is subsidy then I tend to accept the trade-off of putting money into the the fossil-fuel food chain in exchange for the convenience of their prime locations on or near the highway.

Not only is it more convenient for me, it is likely to encourage EV adoption and use. I think most can agree that we prefer to see an EV charging up at a 'gas' station instead of an ICE getting fossil fuel.

No argument from me we need more public chargers around these parts.
Aside from bring your own evse to the RV park.

Back