President Trump orders Energy Department to stop coal retirements

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like trump might have been right....
Natural gas was turned off where I work for a few hours because the power plant needed it.
Where I work only uses about 2 million cubic feet per day.

Oilpan4 said:
Natural gas was turned off where I work for a few hours because the power plant needed it.

huh? What does a local shortage of natural gas have to do with stopping coal retirements?

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
WetEV said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
huh? What does a local shortage of natural gas have to do with stopping coal retirements?

What does tea have to do with cat food?

I was giving ignored the benefit of the doubt and hoping s/he would explain that.

Ignored should be ignored. What does a local shortage of lettuce have do with teacher retirements?

WetEV said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
WetEV said:

I was giving ignored the benefit of the doubt and hoping s/he would explain that.

Ignored should be ignored. What does a local shortage of lettuce have do with teacher retirements?

Interesting. You see s/he as "ignored" (which explains the odd quotes from your response), but that person is NOT on my ignore list. So why are you interjecting?

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
Oilpan4 said:

Natural gas power plants use natural gas.
More power plants over all that don't use natural gas means the gas and the power stays on in times of extreme cold.
I say close the coal power plants and replace them with nuclear, but that will take a while.

WetEV said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
WetEV said:

I take that as you agree with me but know you can't admit it. Thank you. It means a lot.

Oilpan4 said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
Oilpan4 said:

Natural gas power plants use natural gas.
More power plants over all that don't use natural gas means the gas and the power stays on in times of extreme cold.
I say close the coal power plants and replace them with nuclear, but that will take a while.

The Texas power issues had nothing to do with coal and everything to do with ERCOT not being ready for a 100-year storm. Wind, Nat gas, coal, AND nuclear power plants were unable to deliver power to their isolated grid amongst other grid issues.

Trump's policy of stopping coal power plants from shutting down was wrong then, and is still wrong now. Even your own viewpoint (close coal and replace them with nuclear) doesn't support Trump's policy!

As long as we keep mechanical and electrical engineers making decisions on the power grid and keep the political science, English any any kind of "social" majors out of the mix the lights will stay on.

Back