My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacyT

New to the forum. Just wanted to introduce myself. Glad to discover this forum and that there are others wanting EV's. Demand is very important as we saw what happend in the late '90's with the EV-I. I am concerned that the only option of leasing the Leaf is so that they may try to take them back as GM did with the EV-1.

Hi RacyT, welcome to the forum!

That's a good point about the vehicle leasing, although I was under the impression that it was the batteries that were going to be leased, not the whole Leaf vehicle.

Well, Nissan from what I have gathered has not made that decision. First fleet, then lease, then purchase with lease of batteries. But either way, without the batteries there is no car. They still control the usage. I hope (I tend to be a cynic) that the reason for leasing the batteries is so that as improved technologies come around, we can upgrade. Lets hope for the best. Several EV models are on the horizon with most auto makers so hopefully there is a readiness with the auto industry.

Thanks for your reply!

Hi RacyT, welcome.

I just registered for the Leaf forum, and rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd kill to birds with one stone...

So glad to have new members! Just read yesterday that in the Spring 2010, Nissan will be opening up a waiting list for the Leaf. Hope that will be worldwide and not only in areas with charging infrastructure. Hey, all we need is a long extention cord! Just get these cars and others like it on the road!

Hey Guys, welcome to the Nissan Leaf forum! Does anybody know anything new about the Nissan Leaf? News on it has pretty much settled down since it was announced a few months ago.

Back