dash clock and trips reset each start

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdbscw

Hi folks...2017 S, 35K ,new 3.0, recent 12V(1 year, checked for V), OEM head unit (no Nav) keeps time.
:( -- I got a problem with my Dash clock and trip meters resetting, and my blue charging lights not coming on.... but it still charges my 3.0 battery.
I checked the battery cables (tight) on my Nissan year old battery. I think the problem may have started when I put an after market subwoofer connected to the battery. I disconnected it but the problem remains... maybe I blew a fuse....Can't find it by sight or on the ESM disc I bought... Next I will cut the sub and R&R the 12v..I dont expect it to work this time either..

Any comments for my 2017 problem appreciated.....

Get a OBDII dongle and read the trouble codes. I think LeafSpy Lite can do that and it is free. Otherwise the full version is well worth the $.

You probably blew a fuse that provides backup memory power to the dash. There are several fuse locations and some are not obvious. the IPDM's (intelligent power distribution modules) under the hood have fuses on their under side so you must take them loose and raise them to see the fuses. I blew a fuse when putting LED lights in the parking lights and interior lights when I first got my 2015 and it took me a while to find it--finally removed the IPDM's (did not disconnect cables, just raised them) and found the bad fuse.

Back