Why am I only getting 12 kw speed with a chedamo?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gringostar

I'm only getting 12 kw with chedamo plug? Did I choose the wrong machine? There are like five here in Santa Monica CA. I feel like I'm waiting too long? Thank you.

Do you have a Plugshare link and/or address of the charger? For example, I've heard that when one of the modules inside https://www.chargepoint.com/files/install/install_guide_cpe100.pdf fails, charging speed is halved. And yes, I've used one of these working properly many times and another time in the half-speed state.

What % SoC are you at?

How full was your car, roughly in terms of % state of charge?

Do you have a '13 S trim Leaf? If you are close to full and/or the battery is hot or really cold, it'll be slow. If your battery is degraded quite a bit, it'll be worse than a brand new battery Leaf.

How many health bars do you have? My 8-bar '12 only gets between 8-12kw in the winter, don't really to use QC in the summer due to better range but in the winter is is very slow, which I mostly blame on the degraded battery and a little on the cold.

Back