CarSeats and prolonged winter standby

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francois008

Hello!

I am looking for a 2nd vehicle to supplement my Sienna. I have 3 kids, all in car seats. The Sienna would become the secondary vehicle for long or loaded trips.

The Leaf would be the main commuter.

I have 2 questions:

1. Can it fit 3 car seats in the back?

2. I often have to leave the vehicle parked at work during the winter. Sometime overnight. How quick does a battery get drained to be kept warm?

The coldest I can realistically expect where I live would be -30C. -20 is more common.

And, what are your thoughts on buying a used Leaf over a new one? Should I be concerned about a used battery or is it perfectly fine in most cases?

Thank you!

You should edit your profile to put a location (I'm guessing Canada).

3 car seats would be a squeeze in an older (pre-2017) LEAF. I'm not sure if the newer body is significantly wider.

With the Cold Weather Package, I think you would be fine overnight even at -30C.

For used LEAFs, be sure to read this guide: https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662&p=538030

Oh wow that guide is really helpful.

7. Know enough about driving range! There are two very important things to understand about a Leaf's - ANY Leaf's - range:

* It drops by between roughly 40% and 60% in Winter. This is due to a combination of heater use, lowered battery efficiency, increased rolling resistance with most snow tires, and increased air resistance in cold weather - usually in that order.

And the part about expected degradation...

I am considering used, but 2019 and up.
... even more so now that I read about bad battery packs.

Are there any members on this forum who fitted 3 carseats in the back of a 2019+ leaf?

Back