The Radio & Traffic Reports

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzo

Im new so sorry if this has been debated, I cant find any information here. Frustrated with the leaf radio since no matter what I do I cant disable the traffic reports. Many times I think I have and I see a line through the TA symbol only for the ******* things to start up again. I also cant get rid of that screen asking if I accept or reject at the beginning? Any tips appreciated.

You might include your car's model year and trim in the post. (It won't hurt to include a location in your account profile, too)

The nag screen remark makes me think it is a 2011 or 2012, and IIRC, that nag cannot be made to go away.

On USA models, you can accept for 30 days so the nag screen only pops up to accept/reject every 30 days (it just pops up a brief message about data exchange status that goes away after a few seconds each time the car is turned on). There is a way to turn off the voice for navigation and traffic, but it turns off the voice for all navigation as well as traffic. It is in the menu/settings on the center screen. The traffic and navigation road warnings are disruptive so I keep the voice turned off unless I want audible navigation for a particular drive.

In case anyone is interested I did resolve this with the help of a guy from a local Nissan dealer. The setting is in "bluetooth settings" for some crazy reason (it has nothing to do with it) but once turned off, no more traffic reports, lovely.

Back