2015 Leaf won’t start

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gauravbajaj25

My 2015 Nissan Leaf is not starting. It was showing ‘key is not detected’ message but I was able to bypass that and when I hit the start button I see the charge icon (white and green) on the screen. Also tried to charge the battery using my L2 charger but it didn’t charge. Am I dealing with a dead 12V battery? Can someone suggest what I should do/next steps?

This could be a dead 12V battery based upon your description, it is quite common if you have not driven in awhile and not kept the 12V fully charged with an external charrger.

What is the age and condition of the aux battery--is it the OEM that came with the car? If so then you got your money's worth out of it and time to replace it.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, its the OEM battery that came with the car when we bought in 2015. The jumper cables didn't help either so I will put in a new battery and hopefully that'll fix it.

Make sure that either the new 12 volt battery is fully charged before it is installed, or that you fully charge it with an external charger after installation and before the car is started again.

gauravbajaj25 said:
My 2015 Nissan Leaf is not starting. It was showing ‘key is not detected’ message but I was able to bypass that and when I hit the start button I see the charge icon (white and green) on the screen. Also tried to charge the battery using my L2 charger but it didn’t charge. Am I dealing with a dead 12V battery? Can someone suggest what I should do/next steps?

I'm not familiar with a white and green icon. Are you talking about the green "plug in indicator light"? Or something else?

fwqBn38.png

I also agree. Those tiny batteries don't last long these days. They have been making them smaller to save weight. The one in my wife's Honda is just a bit bigger than the one in my lawn tractor.

Back