Wavebender
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2021

Re: Ok, I give up: Gold member max file size/pixel dimension, please

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:04 pm

So I dragged my sorry Pfizer second-shot ass out of bed and did some experimenting and found that a 1280x960 72dpi JPG at High quality creates a 229k file and uploads without a hiccup as an attachment to my post. I tried the same export but with the JPG quality set to Maximum and it choked on the 1MB file. So the limit is somewhere between 230k and 1Mb.

For real geeks, the photo is from my iPhone 7+ on full auto, then opened on my Mac in the stock Photos app, then exported with the setting described above. All photos were rendered in plain ol' RGB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king.

knightmb
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2021
Leaf Number: 306291

Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Wavebender wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 am
Well don’t I feel like a chump. Why is it dying? Is there a better forum out there? The advice I have read here is solid and civilized. That’s why I chose it. And don’t say Facebook. They are an evil empire and I will have nothing to do with them.
When it comes to just discussing topics and not drowning in emojis and advertisements, I do prefer this forum format (it's PHPBB based which is decades old now, but they do stay modern if the admin upgrades the forum software). I read on the other message boards and besides too much misinformation (*cough* Facebook *cough*), too much to have to keep correcting all the time. Here, that isn't a big problem, most of the veterans here will call it out quickly. I like that. :)
2020 Leaf SL Plus - (Manufacture Date March 2020)
2013 Leaf SV (8 faithful years of service before trade in at 75,679 miles)

Wavebender
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2021

Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:14 pm

knightmb wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:47 pm
Wavebender wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 am
Well don’t I feel like a chump. Why is it dying? Is there a better forum out there? The advice I have read here is solid and civilized. That’s why I chose it. And don’t say Facebook. They are an evil empire and I will have nothing to do with them.
When it comes to just discussing topics and not drowning in emojis and advertisements, I do prefer this forum format (it's PHPBB based which is decades old now, but they do stay modern if the admin upgrades the forum software). I read on the other message boards and besides too much misinformation (*cough* Facebook *cough*), too much to have to keep correcting all the time. Here, that isn't a big problem, most of the veterans here will call it out quickly. I like that. :)
I’m totally with ya there, brother.
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king.

SageBrush
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:51 pm

I despise FB. I barely remember why anymore :D
It does have one nice feature though that I take advantage of: I use the FB login to sign into other websites. It is convenient, and I don't worry about spam since I stay far, far away from that black hole.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/18: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/18: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
09/20: 54.3 Ahr; 38k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:25 pm

I use the FB login to sign into other websites. It is convenient, and I don't worry about spam since I stay far, far away from that black hole.
That little FB icon on pages where you can do that tracks you just like the FB site - it's just more subtle. If you search "Facebook container" you will see what I mean.
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

G3NG4R
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Mar 2021

Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Wavebender wrote: ...Is there a better forum out there? The advice I have read here is solid and civilized. That’s why I chose it. And don’t say Facebook...
There is also https://www.reddit.com/r/leaf/ over on Reddit. Reddit is somewhat like a forum, but not exactly. I'd say it's better than Facebook, but it does have some downsides.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:42 am

Wavebender wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:58 am
...1997 called — they want their 72dpi/640x480 file limits back.

PS: Will the last one leaving the 20th century please turn off the lights?
:idea: The incandescent lights. :idea:
I just upload pics to IMGUR and link them here with the "Img" tag. It seems to always work.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”