Seat high, mirror low.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stekkerbak

Hi there,
As a new Leaf driver I have a question.

The drivers Seat is in the lowest position. And the inside rearview mirror in the highest position.
The mirror i still in my face, blocking the view a bit to much.

Is there a way to modify the seat frame or the mirror mount? Does anybody have any experience with this?

What model/year LEAF? The three LEAFs I have owned allowed the mirror to be raised and moved away from my face a little by pivoting the arm up as much as possible on the ball joint closest to the windshield and then tilting the mirror at the ball joint closest to the mirror.

Stekkerbak said:
Hi there,
As a new Leaf driver I have a question.

The drivers Seat is in the lowest position. And the inside rearview mirror in the highest position.
The mirror i still in my face, blocking the view a bit to much.

Is there a way to modify the seat frame or the mirror mount? Does anybody have any experience with this?
Sounds like our '07 Prius, drives me crazy as it blocks quite a bit of my view, especially people coming onto say a freeway from the raised onramp, the mirror totally blocks the car for a good part. If I drove the Prius more I'd really like to rip the rearview mirror off and mount it closer to the ceiling but as I only drive it on trips, when someone else is in the passenger seat and can warn me of whats in my blind spot, I've never done anything about it. Funny thing is I've never really had a problem like this with any other car I've owned including my '12 and '13 Leafs, what model year do you have? Doing what Garry said might help a little but didn't really help with our Prius. I even thought of mounting my rearview mirror on the dash as they do in some European countries but again don't drive the Prius enough to justify it.

My wife is 5'-2" and I'm a 6'-3", so I raised the driver's seat for her by using spacer and longer seat mount bolts. So, I know all too well the issue with the rear view mirror causing a blind spot. I have thought about trying to raise the mirror, but it looks difficult.

It is a 2020 build Leaf.
I was thinking about removing the mirror and try to modify the flex/balljoint piece between the mirror and back plate on the windshield.
Perhaps 3D print a new one.

But I want to be extra carefull removing it as we do not want to crack the windshield.

Back