Bose subwoofer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeedo65

Hi

I just recieved my 2020 Nissan Leaf. And, I came up with the subwoofer anxiety issue :)

The subwoofer is in a strange place which makes me worried if a 30 kg luggage hit to it, or a shopping bag drops on it while I am driving. So, what do you normally do? Do you put and keep stuff around it? Or does it need a harness to be made around it? Can you give me some recommendation?

zeedo65 said:
Hi

I just recieved my 2020 Nissan Leaf. And, I came up with the subwoofer anxiety issue :)

The subwoofer is in a strange place which makes me worried if a 30 kg luggage hit to it, or a shopping bag drops on it while I am driving. So, what do you normally do? Do you put and keep stuff around it? Or does it need a harness to be made around it? Can you give me some recommendation?

I use a Mexican blanket to cover my subwoofer. Helps to protect from grocery or Costco cargo. Might also come in handy if I run out of battery in the Winter

Hi RaleighEV

Sorry, I just saw your comment after a while. I also put some thick fabrick on top of it. Didn't think about its possible other application :D but you are quite right for me. I live in cold Scandinavia and sooner or later I may really need it for that :mrgreen: :D

RaleighEV said:
I use a Mexican blanket to cover my subwoofer. Helps to protect from grocery or Costco cargo. Might also come in handy if I run out of battery in the Winter

zeedo65 said:
Hi

I've taken one out before when I was wiring up my trailer power and they are very sturdy. I'm sure one could beat a hole in it when a good enough hammer strike, but getting crushed by the weight of objects, I can stand on it directly, so I can say it will support at least +180 lbs ;)

Awsome, thanksknightmb, very good to know that.

knightmb said:
zeedo65 said:
Hi

I've taken one out before when I was wiring up my trailer power and they are very sturdy. I'm sure one could beat a hole in it when a good enough hammer strike, but getting crushed by the weight of objects, I can stand on it directly, so I can say it will support at least +180 lbs ;)

Back