29 years between electrics. Is this a record?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbear

We just moved to Oregon and bought a 2017 Leaf, just 29 years after our first (and only) electric, the General Motors EV1, which we loved for four years, until GM forcibly took it away.

Two Newbie questions:

1. It came with only one key fob. The dealer insisted that was all there ever were, but somehow I wonder. Well, the steps for getting a duplicate are expensive but clear.

2. Hand controls. My wife needs them. A local disability products dealer assures us the Leaf is compatible with four different kinds of hand controls. I wonder if anyone here has experience with this technology?

Thanks from John

John,

Welcome to the forum. As Leftie said, the car originally came with two key fobs. I really wanted an EV1 and kept stopping by the local Saturn dealer hoping they would start selling them (instead of 3-year lease at really high monthly cost in AZ). I am sure you will enjoy your Leaf.

#2. Yes we have hand controls on our 2011 Leaf, a 2017 Bolt, and also our 2018 Tesla M3 (though they are different systems). It is not difficult to add, I could recommend someone in N. CA, but I'm sure there are vendors in Oregon who can do this.

In GM's case, there was a mfgr accessibility program that reimbursed some of the cost, though Telsa had nothing like this.

Back