Assistance for Battery testing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pavan7732

Hello All,

I'm a masters student doing my thesis on battery second life testing after retirement from EV applications. I would like to log cell pair voltages which later used in a script to determine SOH. I want to extract cell voltages at different loads, which will be applied through Digathron battery tester. The functionality to send and receive CAN messages is available on battery manager software that comes along with Digathron.
I have absolutely zero knowledge about CAN working and decoding data. I would be extremely happy if someone could help me in extracting cell pair voltages and provide me a good understanding to proceed further.
Thanks in Advance!

I don't think he'd have the bandwidth to help you, but Turbo3 (author of Leaf Spy) did reverse engineering long ago on this subject: https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=17470. ELM327 dongles use (AFAIK) commands like the old Hayes AT modem commands. I used them ages ago (e.g. ATH, ATDT, ATZ, etc.)

Back