Personalize it!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverWolfe

I presently have a 2015 Nissan Leaf SV that I am selling to a friend and have picked out a 2019 Leaf that I plan to buy next week. My 2015 is white, which I never loved, but didn't hate either. The 2019 is gun metal grey. Also not in love with that color. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what I could do to make this rather unexciting dark grey car a little more interesting to look at. Are there any cool upgrades that would make it kinda badass? :cool:

Wheels make a lot of difference. Is your 2019 an S-trim? If so, pull the wheel covers and see what you think.

After one fell off, I took off the other wheel covers on this 2016 S, and combined with the slightly oversized tires and perpetual coating of grime, it gives it an unpretentious, rally car look that I really like.

This one's gun metallic too, and although it wasn't my first choice when shopping (bronze metallic), it's really grown on me.

I wonder how some babymoons and white-lettered tires would look?! :D

Thanks for your reply. The 2019 is an SV also, same as the one I'm selling. I don't really have any interest in replacing the wheels on it. I haven't ever replaced wheels on a car, despite owning more than a dozen cars in my life. That's probably because I'm female and women generally don't care about that sort of thing. :lol: Maybe some wheel lights? I really wish I could find a 2 Tone White/Black one for sale, but when buying used there aren't a lot of color choices available. Maybe the gun metallic will grow on me in time.

If I wanted to dress up my gunmetal grey (terrible boring color) car, I would get some bright colored (Bright Blue) thick stripes... , or some kind of body wrap/ decals you could order online? I imagine that you can get a lot of custom things printed now a days...

powersurge said:
If I wanted to dress up my gunmetal grey (terrible boring color) car, I would get some bright colored (Bright Blue) thick stripes... , or some kind of body wrap/ decals you could order online? I imagine that you can get a lot of custom things printed now a days...

Hmm, I like where this is going. :cool: I'll shop around for some decals. Blue is an excellent suggestion since it already has the bright blue bumper thingy.

SilverWolfe said:
powersurge said:

Hmm, I like where this is going. :cool: I'll shop around for some decals. Blue is an excellent suggestion since it already has the bright blue bumper thingy.
How about stuff like this??

https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/vinyls-sticker-decals-for-body-red-car-truck-mini-vector-25708563

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-auto-modifield-decal-vinyl-stickers/396154354.html?skuid=372132410150748162

https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/car-decal-wrap-design-vector-24524473

Believe it or not, Plasti-dip is a decent way to add highlights to wheels, trim, etc... And the beauty of it is that it is removable if you don't like how it turns out, or simply tire of it after awhile. I did the wheels on our 2012 LEAF and some trim bits on 2015 and in both cases it held up well. In addition most of the "badging" is easy to remove and/or reposition. I combined that with Plastic-dip to get a unique "LEAF" logo.

The colors may not be your style but should give you a good idea how it works. They make a bazillion colors, have lots of tutorials, etc... www.dipyourcar.com. It wasn't difficult at all.

s8LnBxd.jpg

aNRUcWK.jpg

Nubo said:
Believe it or not, Plasti-dip is a decent way to add highlights to wheels, trim, etc... And the beauty of it is that it is removable if you don't like how it turns out, or simply tire of it after awhile. I did the wheels on our 2012 LEAF and some trim bits on 2015 and in both cases it held up well. In addition most of the "badging" is easy to remove and/or reposition. I combined that with Plastic-dip to get a unique "LEAF" logo.

The colors may not be your style but should give you a good idea how it works. They make a bazillion colors, have lots of tutorials, etc... www.dipyourcar.com. It wasn't difficult at all.

s8LnBxd.jpg

aNRUcWK.jpg

Oh wow! That is really cool and certainly unique. I have not considered plasti-dip on a car before.

Well after all my hesitation on the color of the gun metallic Leaf, I've decided to go for a different car. I'm now looking to buy a 2018 SL with 2 Tone paint. I'll still probably customize it a little, maybe with decals or something, but I think the paint is pretty sharp as it is.

Back