Checking 2 cars with 11 bars, y is range so different?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need more information, including info about the cars and your local climate! A 2011 or 2012 leaf will have much worse Winter range than a 2013+ Leaf with heat pump. A 2013+ Leaf S will fall between the two. Also, the 12th (aka first) bar represents 15% of the battery capacity, with subsequent bars representing abut 6% each. So an 11 bar leaf has between 79% and 85% of the original capacity.

Upload the photos or screenshots to an image hosting site like Imgur (NOT Photobucket) and then link the images here. I will shortly link to my used Leaf shopping guide.

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662

they are both 2013 leafs in sf area calif
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/EXTSxrX"><a href="//imgur.com/a/EXTSxrX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

having difficult time with imgur

eximage said:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/EXTSxrX"><a href="//imgur.com/a/EXTSxrX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Imgur offers several different kinds of code that you can copy for an image. Select the one for BBS and website forums, if I remember correctly.

eximage said:

One just needs the URL of the page. I think you mean to point to https://imgur.com/a/EXTSxrX.

That works too. And yes, the range estimator is of no use in a case like this, because it bases its estimate on the last few minutes of driving economy in that particular car, with whoever drove it last affecting it greatly by how hard and fast they drove. LeafSpy can provide remaining battery capacity as "SOH" (state of health) and that, as long as the battery management system hasn't been reset, is a metric that can be used to compare two or more batteries.

Back