Survey: Frustrations you have as an EV user - OK to post?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyev

Hello there! I would like to request approval to post a simple EV-related survey to the forum. The survey is titled 'Frustrations you have as an EV user' and the answers will be used to guide us as we build software that solves these frustrations.

The survey link is https://forms.gle/7SXRuzZAJ4ttUfq47 . Will this be OK to post and is there a specific thread we should post to? Many thanks, Andy.

As a moderator, I approved this topic as it's not spam and the link is really a survey form. But...

It might help if you post who you are and a link to your organization (presumably named "EV Science").

Personally, I'm not going to fill out a survey without at least those basics provided.

Submitted.
Note to others, 2 pages and other than a question about what country you live in and your age range, no other personal info is required. You can provide your email if your interested in being updated about how the survey is going and other things, I didn't provide my email.

Must of the frustrations listed are not frustrations. I already have information on efficiency etc. frustrations are all minor like several different charging provider apps, the rare gas car in an EV spot, there are not always EV chargers especially in out of the way rural areas albeit due to lack of demand, there is a technological limitation such that too much fast charging is not good for the car so driving it across states is not ideal yet though it can be done if planned. If I wanted to drive my leaf to Yellowstone as an example it is a pain pretty much going on a longer route into Utah (coming from Denver metro). Really things have improved so much we have a whole lot more range available for purchase, we have a whole lot more chargers available especially in metro areas and in my case common mountain routes to popular towns. Things look pretty rosy to me.

Thanks all. Feel free to just free-text post any frustrations here if you don't want to fill in a survey. We (EV Science) are a relatively new software start-up so there's not too much to say about who we are yet! :)

andyev said:
Thanks all. Feel free to just free-text post any frustrations here if you don't want to fill in a survey. We (EV Science) are a relatively new software start-up so there's not too much to say about who we are yet! :)

So you are making "software" for what?

Yeah, no. I don’t complete surveys requiring demographic information. I just see no need for that data as necessary for what ostensibly is a survey about usage frustrations.

I completed the survey, but doubt that I helped them. My SL's all had/have the features they asked about through CarWings (2011 and 2015) which later became EV Connect (2015 and 2019) within the limitations of Nissan's software and cellular service.

A range estimate integrated into the car that could be easily programmed with anticipated efficiency would be nice instead of the "Guess-O-Meter" that just considers the last few minutes of driving. LEAF Spy provides that function and so much more with a separate device so I don't see much market for EV Science unless they can work with manufacturers to integrate their software into the dashboard displays.

LeftieBiker said:
The latest version of the GOM seems to use a longer period for its estimates.

I have not really noticed that. Even on 2019 SL+ with plenty of range, numbers go up going downhill and down going uphill. There is not much longer term averaging that I can see.

The biggest single frustration I've experienced is that the Electrify America CHAdeMo plug in Rockford, IL, doesn't work with my car. The EA CHAdeMo in Downers Grove works just fine. Rockford would be the perfect place to charge on the way to Madison.

GerryAZ said:
I completed the survey, but doubt that I helped them. My SL's all had/have the features they asked about through CarWings (2011 and 2015) which later became EV Connect (2015 and 2019) within the limitations of Nissan's software and cellular service.

A range estimate integrated into the car that could be easily programmed with anticipated efficiency would be nice instead of the "Guess-O-Meter" that just considers the last few minutes of driving. LEAF Spy provides that function and so much more with a separate device so I don't see much market for EV Science unless they can work with manufacturers to integrate their software into the dashboard displays.

Same reaction here. Most of the visitors that come by with these surveys seem to be approaching the subject in a way that would have been more appropriate 10-20 years ago.

GerryAZ said:

Good idea.

Back