wraith
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2019

Re: Question on Battery for Used 2015 Nissan Leaf

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:56 pm

powersurge wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 am
A 2015, with 60K miles (with 85% SOH battery) is not a bad car... However, it all depends on the price.
I would guestimate that that car should go for about $10K Dollars American? Maybe less?

I would estimate that that car could go another 5 years/ 40-50,000 miles before you need a new battery?? That is not definitive, as I have not experienced the "life cycle" of a Leaf to the end of its battery life yet.

Additionally, I would be sure about availability of spare parts if there are no Leafs, (or Nissans?) in Australia? Your car can be brought down to the status of a paperweight by something. Small.

For example, my 2015 Leaf was hardly drivable when a $50 ABS wheel speed sensor crapped out. If you cannot get a new one, your car is stopped...
The car is being offered at AUS$20.9K plus Govt taxes. Total is around AUS$21.5K or ~US$14.5K. At a separate location, as a comparison, there is a 2013 Leaf on sale for ~AUS$15K/US$10.3K. May be more than America but, hey, it's a limited market at the moment.

Good suggestion on the spare parts, hadn't thought of that. I'll make a few queries.

wraith
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2019

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:00 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:39 am
Speaking of climate, what is yours like, exactly? I know that some parts of Australia are fairly cool, but is your locale? I would define "cool" as days not usually getting above about 25C, and nights cooling off well below 20C. Hotter days with chilly nights wouldn't be too bad either. What degrades Lizard packs is constant heat: hot days with mild ( 20C to low twenties) nights, or very warm days followed by warm nights that don't allow the pack to cool.
I would classify Perth as a Mediterranean climate. In winter the temperature can, ocassionally, fall below 0º [the car will be garaged so won't get frost] and not go much higher than low 20's. In summer, temperatures can, occasionally, go above 40º and, at night, expect low 20's. I wouldn't be classifying Perth as "cool" by your definition :)

How "cool" should the pack be allowed to cool to?

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:49 pm

How "cool" should the pack be allowed to cool to?

This hasn't been precisely quantified, but using the inaccurate, overlapping battery temp "gauge" on the dash, the bar count should usually be between 4 and 6. (lower than 4 is fine but you won't likely see that.) Excursions to 7 or even 8 for a few hours probably don't matter much, but if the pack shows 6 or more temp bars day and night, it's likely at least somewhat too warm.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”