2019 Leaf Range

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSimms

I just bought the Leaf (not the Leaf Plus) boasting 280 KM range. Can someone tell me the range when driving on the highway? I am barely getting 200km! I realize there are many factors, but 80KMK difference is too great!

At 200km had you hit either low battery or very low battery warning?

What speed are you driving? How hilly is the route?

Make sure tires are fully inflated (40 psi).

Keep speed to 100 Km/h

AC on auto

Use Leaf spy as the last 30km or so are held in reserve to prevent getting stranded. Leaf spy gives you insight

Try not to drive loan wolf. Stay with some traffic if you can as it will add a bit of range due to lower wind resistance.

On flatter ground, I have exceeded 400 km on the expressway in the 62, so guessing 250km should be very doable.

The EPA range on the 2018 Leaf (40 kWh) is 151 miles or 243 kms. Seems very unlikely that the 2019 would be much different, if at all.

DougWantsALeaf said:
At 200km had you hit either low battery or very low battery warning?

What speed are you driving? How hilly is the route?

Make sure tires are fully inflated (40 psi).

Keep speed to 100 Km/h

AC on auto

Use Leaf spy as the last 30km or so are held in reserve to prevent getting stranded. Leaf spy gives you insight

Try not to drive loan wolf. Stay with some traffic if you can as it will add a bit of range due to lower wind resistance.

On flatter ground, I have exceeded 400 km on the expressway in the 62, so guessing 250km should be very doable.

The route was flat; didn' go all the way to empty. I tend to drive fast, so I'll tAKE your advice regarding my driving habits.

If you are not too far afield, drive until you hit the low battery warning. You have a good chunk of range beyond that, but its important to get a feel for the low end of the tank. (Tank of electrons).

the 280 Km is flat out on the WLTP, US EPA is 151 miles, so a bit less. you can likely do the 280 with careful driving and 100 or less.

alozzy said:
The EPA range on the 2018 Leaf (40 kWh) is 151 miles or 243 kms. Seems very unlikely that the 2019 would be much different, if at all.

I don't think it changed at all. Should be 150 miles. According to google, that's 241km. I've never met a km that was nearly as long as a mile though. :D

Back