2017 Leaf SV Just Purchased, NissanConnect Can't Connect

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

css28

I bought my car CPO from a local Nissan dealer with 54k miles on it. Generally very happy with it.
After trying unsuccessfully to log in to NissanConnect EV from the head unit I spent some time with Nissan customer service on the phone and they determined that the TCU is not communicating (picture of car with red slash thru it at the top of the screen).

I can't imagine that this would be covered with any sort of warranty at this point. Is there some way to try resetting the TCU to see if it gets its act back together?

- Chris

It looks like that was a 3 year/36k mile warranty, so I might be out of luck.

I might try pulling the fuse for it, then restarting it over the weekend to see if that does anything positive. Satellite radio is working fine--I don't want to jeopardize any of the things that still work.

While NissanConnect EV seems like a nice suite of features to have, I probably wouldn't be inclined to pay for a module replacement on this car.

My car did the same thing. I took the battery cable off the 12v and after it reset the screen asked, do you give nissanconnect permission to access your data. Press yes and it worked.

I actually disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes last night while I did other things and didn't accomplish that goal.

The system retained all of my radio presets, so maybe 15 minutes wasn't long enough.

Back