Gen 1 2011 wont charge over ~85% (SOC)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piver

Kia ora from New Zealand! I have just brought a Gen 1 with 73% SOH. Using Leafspy I note it shuts of charging at ~85%. I have played with all the timer setting and tried many variations of members suggestions to do with simalier problems that I have read but nothing seems to make a difference. Also the figures don't stack up. It should be putting in another couple if KWs from 14 to 16. I have found this exact problem on the net but if someone does have a clce that would be great

Might be normal. Even on a new battery, it won't (by design) reach 100%.
piver said:
It should be putting in another couple if KWs from 14 to 16
You mean kWh?

A 24 kWh Leaf w/a brand new battery only has about 21 to 22 kWh user accessible anyway.

I wouldn't put that much stake in any sort of kWh values that Leaf Spy displays anyways. See https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=562501#p562501.

You've disabled the charging timers, right? As long as you're hitting 12 fuel bars and then charging automatically stops, it's full. How many gids on a full charge? (My 11 capacity bar '13 Leaf w/SOH around 81.xx% to 83.xx% reaches usually about 230-ish gids on a full charge.)

Back