New owner of used 2013 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v0ltwagn

Last weekend I purchased a 2013 S that was manufactured 9/13 with 32,000 miles, 12 bars, and no options, coming off of lease. Purchase price was $8300. Previously had a 12 year old Prius with 156,000 miles that was showing it's age. Ordered a bluetooth OBD2 scanner today. Really excited about this car - what should I look for using leaf spy once I get it? I look forward to reading the posts here to gain more knowledge on what this vehicle can do and what people are discovering about it.
Thanks!
Bob

Read the topics on LeafSpy. Short answer: the SOH and capacity in AH are the two most important readings. A SOH of 89-90% or better means the pack is in good shape for that year.

Sounds like a great price , better than what I paid for a 2012 with simular mileage .

God bless
Wyr

Got Leaf Spy - my SOH =85% and AHr =56.06. 0 QCs, 1621 L1/L2 charges.
I have all 12 bars. Do these numbers mean I am probably going to be losing my first bar soon?

Congrats on your purchase.

Sounds like a great deal (My 2013 S with fast charge & backup was $10.5k a last Oct at 29k miles).

I was a devoted LeafSpy user, and at about the same numbers you are now I started fearing my first pip loss--and it still hasn't come 6k miles later so I've stopped worrying and focused on what seem to be the keys to a happy battery regardless of pips: 1) not charging in hot conditions and 2) not keeping it at 100% charge in hot conditions for more than a half day.

(In Boston "hot" = above 90F, so we've been charging to 80% most summer evenings)

Well it has been 3 years. I lost my first bar about a month after that post. Haven't lost any more - my SOH =79.25% and AHr =51.83. 0 QCs, 3466L1/L2 charges.
Still a happy owner. Wondering when a replacement pack will be warranted.

v0ltwagn said:
Well it has been 3 years. I lost my first bar about a month after that post. Haven't lost any more - my SOH =79.25% and AHr =51.83. 0 QCs, 3466L1/L2 charges.
Still a happy owner. Wondering when a replacement pack will be warranted.

I assume that by "warranted" you mean "justified"? That depends on your range needs.

Back