Oils4AsphaultOnly
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:09 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 313890
Location: Arcadia, CA

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:35 pm

jusgetalong wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:05 am
In those videos most were wary or resetting etc, so I just used Leaf Spy and turned the VSP stuff back on. I think that was all I had changed. Loved the quite drives in the pard without that annoying beeps, whines, etc. I really hope there is some way to achieve the same thing on this new Tesla. Oil since you have both a Leaf and a Tesla could you tell me if the Leaf rims will fit on the Tesla? I purchased a spare for the Leaf and if it will not fit the Tesla I will choose to let it go with the car. :?:
Sorry, It won't. The leaf uses either 16" or 17" rims, while the model 3 base uses 18" and model Y base uses 19". The Tesla brake rotor + pads won't fit within the space for a leaf spare.

Edit: as for the quiet drives through the park, unfortunately low-speed-vehicle-noises are now required on 2021 EV's. However, "boombox" mode allows you to at least change the "noise" to coconut clops or some similiar whimsical sounds.
:: Leaf S30 :: build date: Sep '16 :: purchased: Nov '16
:: Model 3 LR (Turo) :: acquired 9 May '18
:: Model Y LR AWD (wife's) :: acquired 30 Dec '20
100% Zero transportation emissions (except when I walk) and loving it!

jusgetalong
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 6:37 am
Delivery Date: 11 Apr 2018

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:56 pm

Oil, we bit the bullet and purchased the Model Y. Took it for a cruise in the park and successfully set the cruise control to 05 mph! we do not hear any VSP going forward, however reverse is another thing! It sounds like something from the twilight zone. It took 30 mins start to finish to purchase unlike the 2 day pressure cooker Delray Nissan put us through. Still no charging available (see Plugshare comments) there. The Leaf was a nice car, but, I really believe the Nissan dealerships will be successful in killing it. :cry: I do wish everyone on this blog the very best with their Leafs. A great group here far more deserving of better Nissan Dealerships.
(Traded) 2018 Nissan LEAF SL
Garage Kept - Charges (1243 L2 / 2 L3) HX=98.13 Avg 216 Wh/mile
101/18/2021 (18107 miles) SOH 88.17 No Lost Bars ATT
2021 Tesla Model Y SR

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:34 pm

I hear you. While we enjoy the free car washes and snacks from the dealership, I hate buying a car. Regardless of the price you pay, you always feel like crap at the end, that you paid too much, and that you wasted your day.

Tesla is absolutely winning in that regard. Still a bit spendy for me, but if you have the 50K to spend on a dual motor Y, not sure I blame you.
2019 S Plus (93.86% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (93.35% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

Oils4AsphaultOnly
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:09 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 313890
Location: Arcadia, CA

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:31 pm

jusgetalong wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:56 pm
Oil, we bit the bullet and purchased the Model Y. Took it for a cruise in the park and successfully set the cruise control to 05 mph! we do not hear any VSP going forward, however reverse is another thing! It sounds like something from the twilight zone. It took 30 mins start to finish to purchase unlike the 2 day pressure cooker Delray Nissan put us through. Still no charging available (see Plugshare comments) there. The Leaf was a nice car, but, I really believe the Nissan dealerships will be successful in killing it. :cry: I do wish everyone on this blog the very best with their Leafs. A great group here far more deserving of better Nissan Dealerships.
Glad to hear! It's such a shame about the nissan dealerships. I actually had a half-way decent experience with my 2nd leaf (only took 2 hours!), but I think that was because I didn't insist on getting the best deal (I left $500 on the table above what others were getting - was hoping to get another buy-out offer like what they offered for the 2013 leaf) and just wanted to get it done quickly.
:: Leaf S30 :: build date: Sep '16 :: purchased: Nov '16
:: Model 3 LR (Turo) :: acquired 9 May '18
:: Model Y LR AWD (wife's) :: acquired 30 Dec '20
100% Zero transportation emissions (except when I walk) and loving it!

Oils4AsphaultOnly
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:09 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 313890
Location: Arcadia, CA

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:36 pm

DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:34 pm
I hear you. While we enjoy the free car washes and snacks from the dealership, I hate buying a car. Regardless of the price you pay, you always feel like crap at the end, that you paid too much, and that you wasted your day.

Tesla is absolutely winning in that regard. Still a bit spendy for me, but if you have the 50K to spend on a dual motor Y, not sure I blame you.
The short-range RWD Y's are now available for order, and they're 8K less at $42k. Coupled with fuel and maintenance savings, and it's very difficult for anyone to justify considering a combustion CUV.
:: Leaf S30 :: build date: Sep '16 :: purchased: Nov '16
:: Model 3 LR (Turo) :: acquired 9 May '18
:: Model Y LR AWD (wife's) :: acquired 30 Dec '20
100% Zero transportation emissions (except when I walk) and loving it!

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Hmm, 42K vs. 33K for an equivalent range ID4?
2019 S Plus (93.86% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (93.35% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

jusgetalong
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 6:37 am
Delivery Date: 11 Apr 2018

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:22 am

We got the short range rwd in white exterior and black interior. One thing the wife noted immediatly was the app functioned Perfectly! The driver profile automatically adj seats mirrows for you when you walk up to it and press the latch to get in. Both driver and passenger seats are power and comfortable. (wish it had air bag suspension). The auto charge to 80% like the first Leafs did really takes the effort out of charging. Can also set current draw as well as voltage.
(Traded) 2018 Nissan LEAF SL
Garage Kept - Charges (1243 L2 / 2 L3) HX=98.13 Avg 216 Wh/mile
101/18/2021 (18107 miles) SOH 88.17 No Lost Bars ATT
2021 Tesla Model Y SR

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:46 am

Nice. Yes, Nissan blew it in many of the simple things. Even our 13 year old minivan had memory for multiple driving positions and power passenger seats.
2019 S Plus (93.86% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (93.35% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

farflung
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:00 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Mar 2021

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:11 am

2020 SV with Weather and Technology pkgs

27,400 + tax, lic and fees

Should total about 21,200 after the federal tax credit.

Not sure if that's the best deal, but it was the best I could find within 200 miles.

Man, I can't stand dealerships! I walked in pre-financed and it still took 3 hours. Part of their ploy to wear you down I guess. They know if you're tired, hangry, and losing patience you're more likely to agree to their overpriced add-ons.

Anyway, absolutely LOVE the car!

jjeff
Posts: 2378
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121
Location: MSP MN

Re: Post Your Order Details Here

Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:30 am

farflung wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:11 am
2020 SV with Weather and Technology pkgs

27,400 + tax, lic and fees

Should total about 21,200 after the federal tax credit.

Not sure if that's the best deal, but it was the best I could find within 200 miles.

Man, I can't stand dealerships! I walked in pre-financed and it still took 3 hours. Part of their ploy to wear you down I guess. They know if you're tired, hangry, and losing patience you're more likely to agree to their overpriced add-ons.

Anyway, absolutely LOVE the car!
Agree, purchasing a new car can be an exercise in patience! Apparently, Tesla gets this right though.
Your price sounds pretty good to me, my '13S was only about a grand less and it only had a measly 24kwh battery and no heat pump heater like yours, it did come with rear heated seats though, which I believe the new models lack.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”