How can I confirm that the car will get a replacement battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I bought the car yesterday. My Bluetooth is not working properly so another dongle is on the way. I will report what leafspy says.

Here are the leafspy readings. My concern is the dtc

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UK8i2QX8SRvtwiXg9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/15JqDmTW9Yix13839

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6JcNF4ZhpQTZLYng7

What do you guys think of the dtcs

The only DTC is regarding the resistance heater (PTC heater) for cabin heat. There may be a problem with that high-voltage circuit (wiring, heater element, fuse, etc.) which could be somewhat expensive to fix, but it should not impact the battery or battery warranty.

GerryAZ said:
The only DTC is regarding the resistance heater (PTC heater) for cabin heat. There may be a problem with that high-voltage circuit (wiring, heater element, fuse, etc.) which could be somewhat expensive to fix, but it should not impact the battery or battery warranty.

Thank you. I don't think heat is working which I will bring up when I take the car to nissan to have them look at the battery.

We had the heater circuit bypassed (2011) so the heat only comes on if the AC is on, or if the rear defrost button is on. Is it possible something similar was done to this car? There are several threads I've seen about heater failures.

solartim said:
We had the heater circuit bypassed (2011) so the heat only comes on if the AC is on, or if the rear defrost button is on. Is it possible something similar was done to this car? There are several threads I've seen about heater failures.

Only the 2011 and 2012 models had the miniature electric coolant heater tank and circulating pump which would heat coolant whenever the HVAC system was on for ventilation or A/C. Many owners modified the 2011/2012 HVAC control systems to keep the heaters from wasting energy unless heat was really needed. These modifications were not needed on 2013 and later cars because the heaters and controls were completely different.

The car is at a local Nissan electric certified dealer. They confirmed the car has no updates and even though the battery has 8 capacity bars their leaf tech is saying there is no issues with it and it has to drop to 5 bars. I asked them to look at the battery capacity warranty and they said it's within parameters. Looks like I will have to call the nissan ev line. Any tips?

It sounds like that dealer is either lying or incompetent. I'd find another dealer if convenient. And don't give up, Nissan corp will honor the warranty.

goldbrick said:
It sounds like that dealer is either lying or incompetent. I'd find another dealer if convenient. And don't give up, Nissan corp will honor the warranty.

I just opened a case with nissan. I am going to the dealer and will show him the warranty on owners manual. Let's see what they say

Back