Please Report 2018 - 2020 Leaf Defects Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcain said:
The “clunk” noise not the “click” noise.

I have a 2018 S with 26k miles on it. Bought out someone’s lease a year ago. Heard axle click, fixed under warranty. This month I heard the clunk, as reported, also from the passenger side front. I did my own inspection but couldn’t see anything, I was able to replicate the sound for the service foreman at local dealership. He then was also able to recreate the noise after a couple of attempts.

So- it was determined that the bushings separating the main frame from the subframe were the source of the issue. Service covered under warranty(3 yr /36 mi) but the car was at the dealer for 4 days while they fixed it. Glad to have figured it out, definitely the service coordinator and the techs did not find it or have any interest so I asked to speak with service foreman and take him on a ride. Brought donuts to the garage after I drove away and noise was gone.

2 repairs under warranty in 10 months. Still showing 12 bars though.

Any chance you could pinpoint the bushing in a picture? My service dealer refused to fix anything, saying that the other models on the lot make the same sound, which is a chickensh!t excuse.

Nissan Leaf 2018
Installed LeafSpy today and found the following

1. DTC Errors

B2555 0008 BCM Stop Lamp Circuit SEC-69
U1027 1208 Charger
U1266 0208 Multi AV TCU Conn AV-92
U1A06 1508 TCU

2. Leaf Spy ODO =13862 miles. However my Leaf ODO says 22308 miles

3. SOH 89.83% , but the Leaf dashboard shows all 12 bars.

Your 12 volt battery is likely dying. That will produce random error codes. First check the rest voltage of the accessory battery after it's sat with the car off for half an hour or more. If that seems ok (12.4 volts or higher) then get a (usually free) load test at an auto parts store. If you need a new battery, I suggest an AGM type. The group number is 51R, and the R is critical.

Hi, i am a new member. The breaking system on my Leaf 2018 got problem recently. When I pressed the brake in D position, the brake slowly getting losser, the car started to drive forward, so I had to pressed the brake deeper. But if I turn on e-pedal, it worked well. Thanks.

Hi I have a charger problem. Plugs in on type2 wall box starts charging and stops the 28Amps very quickly, after. 1min 40 sec the wall box shuts or. Same on public type 2 AC too

I got leafspy and the charger codes are

U1027 1608 CHARGER
U1027 2308 CHARGER.

Works on DC
What can I do. Seek a Hevra garage he in Ireland ?

Back