2018 SV - Tire Repair Kit included or optional ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SalemCat said:
Well, as I have posted, I discovered the kit's hiding place by myself.
And if I had not, my recourse would have been the fact this is a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle.
They have a 167 point Checklist; the relevant ones to me would be:
#125 Jack/Tools (Condition)
#156 Spare Tire (Condition/Tread/Pressure) Spare __ PSI
Clearly they were required to inspect those items. Whether they did or not is now moot.
Thankfully.

Ah. The more you know... :) I've never had a used car with that kind of guarantee. Glad you got it sorted. Check the condition of the sealant.

Nubo said:
SalemCat said:
Well, as I have posted, I discovered the kit's hiding place by myself.
And if I had not, my recourse would have been the fact this is a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle.
They have a 167 point Checklist; the relevant ones to me would be:
#125 Jack/Tools (Condition)
#156 Spare Tire (Condition/Tread/Pressure) Spare __ PSI
Clearly they were required to inspect those items. Whether they did or not is now moot.
Thankfully.

Ah. The more you know... :) I've never had a used car with that kind of guarantee. Glad you got it sorted. Check the condition of the sealant.

How would I do that ?

You may be able to tell by shaking the can. If the stuff is still liquid it's likely ok if not 10 years old. If the can feels like it contains solid rubber, OTOH...

LeftieBiker said:
You may be able to tell by shaking the can. If the stuff is still liquid it's likely ok if not 10 years old. If the can feels like it contains solid rubber, OTOH...
+1
Liquid good, solid bad.

I strongly recommend using the compressor with a tubeless tire repair kit and not to use the sealer. That being said, check that the plastic bottle seems to be firm when trying to squeeze it (under pressure) as well as having the sealer being liquid. The bottle is under pressure to force the sealer into the hose of the compressor and ultimately into the tire so the sealer will not perform its function if the bottle loses pressure.

Good news and bad news:

The good news is that I can now personally vouch for the fact that the compressor on my 2018 works without plugging in the slime jar: I topped off all four tires this evening. I'm impressed by just how well it does work.

The bad news is that I think I have a slow leak in the port rear tire: the pressure dropped to 27 PSI today, triggering a TPMS alert. I guess I'll be finding out what America's Tire ("Discount Tire" in most states, but that name was taken in California) charges to do a diagnostic and a minor repair on a tire they had nothing to do with, sooner rather than later.

Take the valve cap off, spray some soapy water on the cable, and see if you get any bubbles. Replacing a leaky valve is cheap and easy. Most likely, you've picked up a nail/screw/metal shard.

The tire turned out to be screwed up. Literally, with a small screw. America's Tire fixed it without charge, even though they had nothing to do with the tire, but as it turns out, I was due for a rotation ($40, including rebalancing, since they had nothing to do with the tires).

Back