craig
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:30 pm
Delivery Date: 07 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 340162
Location: northern Utah

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:45 am

LTLFTcomposite wrote:
WetEV wrote: Fly on cheap plane, end up in flaming junk pile on ground.
Omitting articles and determiners in speech is a slur against Asians, in addition to the stereotype that everything they make is prone to failure. I am offended, and I can now use that "offendedness" as a superpower to invalidate anything you say.
While I generally agree with your views, some people will find 'racism' everywhere they look. The word is over and improperly used, mainly to shut up opposing views.
The fact is that mainland Chinese products are of relatively poor quality. Will they always be? No, but they are presently climbing the quality ladder, and that takes time.
2005 Honda Insight (sold)
2014 Smart ED (sold)
2014 Leaf S with QC
23,000 miles, 12 bars
charged with CC LCS-25

WetEV
Posts: 3325
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:07 am

RegGuheert wrote: But there was a massive change in climate forcing during that same time. It came from a 3% reduction in global cloud cover:

Image
Why not provide the temperature graph all the way to 2016?

Image
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

WetEV
Posts: 3325
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:19 am

LTLFTcomposite wrote:I am offended, and I can now use that "offendedness" as a superpower to invalidate anything you say.
craig wrote:
finman100 wrote:huh. that's funny, I invalidate anything and anyone that seems to ignore science and global climate change facts.


FT2016
Do you mean that if they do not agree with you, you ignore them? That philosophy certainly prevents arguments, doesn't it?
More to the point prevents discussions.
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

User avatar
LTLFTcomposite
Posts: 4731
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Central FL

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:43 am

Trump was labeled a racist homophobe in the absence of any evidence he holds such views, then the lie was retold so many times it was accepted as fact. But none of that matters, he's going to be president, so the question is now what is he and his administration going to *do*.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

WetEV
Posts: 3325
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:06 pm

LTLFTcomposite wrote:Trump was labeled a racist homophobe in the absence of any evidence he holds such views, then the lie was retold so many times it was accepted as fact. But none of that matters, he's going to be president, so the question is now what is he and his administration going to *do*.
I thought that was part of Trump's appeal to Trump's voters. No political correctness. Anything to piss of 'liberals".

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/23/conserv ... -liberals/

Silly me.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/trump-c ... ican-apes/

Oh yea, no racism in Republicans. None at all.


Yes, Trump's getting the office of president.
First off, trade is one of the only two issues Trump really seems to care about, and has had a consistent position on. (The other is his open admiration for authoritarian leaders, which dates back to his 1990 praise for the Tiananmen Square massacre—yes, the massacre itself).
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 11df5bc56a

His followers want a trade war. His followers want a strong leader. Careful what you wish for, you might get it.
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

downeykp
Forum Supporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:11 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1931
Location: Keaau, HI

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Wet, these people got what they wanted another electoral college idiot. By my count that is two of the last 4 presidents. Obama's overwhelming non electoral college wins were fomented on the dolts that he was running against. Trump wins because Hillary is not a closer and he masterfully dominated every news cycle by saying the stupidest sh!t every day blocking out any policy questions that were not being covered. The media has to take a lot of the responsibility for letting the orangutan in chief dominate the news. The dems have to take a lot of the blame for nominating someone with too much perceived baggage.
If the dems have any balls they will be as obstructionist as the right has been for the last 8 years, but being grownups they will probably try and work with the right. That would be too bad.
2011 Black Leaf SL+QC Vin. 1931
Res. 6-14-10 Order 1-25-11
EVSE: Mod'd Ver. 2 Nissan L1
Delivered 5-31-11

8 years 33000mi. 7 bars

39 Suniva panels 10.3kw with Enphase micro inverters my electricity cost $26 a month.

User avatar
LTLFTcomposite
Posts: 4731
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Central FL

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:54 am

downeykp wrote:The dems have to take a lot of the blame for nominating someone with too much perceived baggage.
Yeah, well Karl Marx wasn't available.

Now Barry throws Israel under the bus by letting that resolution pass. The incoming administration will have its work cut out unwinding that.

Can't wait to get that ahole out of the White House.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

User avatar
RegGuheert
Posts: 6419
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 am
Delivery Date: 16 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Northern VA

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:14 am

WetEV wrote:
RegGuheert wrote:
finman100 wrote:huh. that's funny, I invalidate anything and anyone that seems to ignore science and global climate change facts.
Here's a fact which should not be ignored: There has been no change in the MEASURED global greenhouse effect in 25 years:
Nice article. Did you actually read the article, or just find the image on some blog?
This pause exists not only over the oceans but also over the continents. Further analysis indicates that this hiatus is very likely a result of the occurrence of more La Niña events after 1992. In the strong La Niña phase, both the atmospheric water vapor and the cloud volume are greatly reduced over the central tropical Pacific, amplifying the regional weakened greenhouse effect. Therefore, Gaa decreases significantly during 1992–2014 over the central tropical Pacific, which offsets the upward Gaa tendencies occurring elsewhere.
In other words, CO2 does NOT control the greenhouse effect on Earth. Yep, that's the obvious conclusion.
WetEV wrote:So what happened after 2014? Oh, we know, a strong El Niño, the reverse of a La Niña. So what do you think happened to the global greenhouse effect over the past two years?
All you need to do is look back at the graph and see what happened around the big El Nino of 1998 to answer your question: It had very little impact on the greenhouse effect on Earth.

El Nino heats the atmosphere by releasing heat which was stored in the ocean by SUNLIGHT. (As I have shown repeatedly, infrared from CO2 does NOT heat the ocean and is orders of magnitudes smaller than clouds in terms of reducing the cooling of the oceans, so it has no bearing on the temperature of the water in the Earth's oceans.)

Anyone who things the recent warming had ANYTHING to do with the greenhouse effect is seriously deluded.
RegGuheert
2011 Leaf SL Demo vehicle
10K mi. on 041413; 20K mi. (55.7Ah) on 080714; 30K mi. (52.0Ah) on 123015; 40K mi. (49.8Ah) on 020817; 50K mi. (47.2Ah) on 120717; 60K mi. (43.66Ah) on 091918.
Enphase Inverter Measured MTBF: M190, M215, M250, S280

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 13805
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:17 am

So what should we thing is causing it..?
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
RegGuheert
Posts: 6419
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 am
Delivery Date: 16 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Northern VA

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:19 am

LTLFTcomposite wrote:Thanks for the replies Mr Gurheert, but I remain unconvinced there isn't cause for concern. Hence the interest in what the incoming administration actually *does*, as opposed to what they think or what people think they think, neither of which has any effects on the environment.
The last thing we need is governments "doing something" to solve imaginary problems.

Back to the topic of your thread, here is a nice article by Dr. Roy Spencer containing ideas about what can be done to improve the state of science which occurs under government control: Science Under President Trump: End the Bias in Government-Funded Research
RegGuheert
2011 Leaf SL Demo vehicle
10K mi. on 041413; 20K mi. (55.7Ah) on 080714; 30K mi. (52.0Ah) on 123015; 40K mi. (49.8Ah) on 020817; 50K mi. (47.2Ah) on 120717; 60K mi. (43.66Ah) on 091918.
Enphase Inverter Measured MTBF: M190, M215, M250, S280

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”