Page 27 of 30

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:22 am
by GetOffYourGas
downeykp wrote:
LTLFTcomposite wrote:
WetEV wrote: Fewer television viewers as well. 42 million for Ronald Reagan 1981, 38 million for Obama 2009, 34 million for Carter, 30.6 million for Trump.
Nobody asked me if I watched it, did they ask you?

Those stats are probably from the same people who said Wisconsin was a lock for HRC :lol:
Oh I see you are using "alternate facts". How convenient.
I watched it, but it was on a television where I was eating lunch. Naturally I couldn't hear anything. How many viewers does that count as? One? The entire restaurant? Only those facing the TV?

Stats like these are not "facts". They are merely guesses.

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:24 am
by LTLFTcomposite
Ignoring the Constitution, that's a good one, after eight years of doing whatever felt good.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/exami ... cle/736031

And that's just one example.

I also have to laugh at all the whining that Betsy DeVos is unqualified to run the Department of Education... poor fools don't know she isn't being brought in to run it, she's being brought in to shut it down, along with the liberal scheme of free for all student loans that has buried so many young people hopelessly in debt.

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:40 am
by WetEV
LTLFTcomposite wrote:Ignoring the Constitution, that's a good one, after eight years of doing whatever felt good.
The election is over. Now we are stuck with Trump. You think the USA is in a bad place now? Hey now, just you wait a bit.

He is going to "Make America Great".

At least put up a sign saying that over the gate.

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 am
by WetEV
LTLFTcomposite wrote:Betsy DeVos is unqualified to run the Department of Education... poor fools don't know she isn't being brought in to run it, she's being brought in to shut it down
1984 wrote:War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:59 am
by LTLFTcomposite
WetEV wrote: The election is over. Now we are stuck with Trump. You think the USA is in a bad place now? Hey now, just you wait a bit.

He is going to "Make America Great".

At least put up a sign saying that over the gate.
Indeed it is and indeed we are. What an improbable sequence of events that brought us to the point of getting such an apparent nutjob in the White House.

Too bad we don't have line item elections on policy issues, instead we're stuck with package deals. In order get someone who will fix tax policy that was running the country into the ground at warp speed we have to pick up a bunch of stupid stuff like dangerous pipelines.

I had thought Trump would be one and done, now with these union endorsements I'm not so sure. Throw that on the pile of things you thought could never happen.

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:47 am
by finman100
Please just shut up and enjoy the ride. you got what you wanted. Go away and enjoy it. the rest of us will fight for what is right using "the" facts. What a complete waste of space. Seriously, just go away.

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:05 pm
by GetOffYourGas
LTLFTcomposite wrote:
Too bad we don't have line item elections on policy issues, instead we're stuck with package deals. In order get someone who will fix tax policy that was running the country into the ground at warp speed we have to pick up a bunch of stupid stuff like dangerous pipelines.
This, IMO, is one of the major roadblocks to true progress in this country. In fact, Obama at one point claimed he wouldn't sign any bill that had more than one line item, if my memory serves. That certainly didn't happen.

The contrast that kills me is that one seemingly cannot vote pro-life and pro-environment at the same time. Yet the opposition to either is deeply rooted in denial of our best science.

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:17 pm
by LTLFTcomposite
finman100 wrote:Please just shut up and enjoy the ride. you got what you wanted. Go away and enjoy it. the rest of us will fight for what is right using "the" facts. What a complete waste of space. Seriously, just go away.
Not sure who that was directed towards but I didn't get what I wanted; what I wanted wasn't on the menu.

I commend you though for taking such a firm stand on free speech.

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:50 am
by Stoaty
Antarctic Tipping Points for a Multi-Metre Sea Level Rise

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2017- ... evel-rise/

Re: Trump EV/alternative energy/climate/environmental policy bashing and discussion

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:57 am
by WetEV
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... -pick.html
Only 41% of Trump voters say that the stock market went up during the Obama administration. 39% say it went down, and another 19% say they're not sure.
Go to any market information service, and verify for yourself. The market was up. Dow Jones, S&P500, NASDAQ, and any other broad average you care to look at.

A serious question:

Why can 39% of Trump's voters think otherwise?