lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Re: Official Mercedes B-class EV thread

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:29 am

"it may be problematic for you but is surely isn't for most people, the majority of tesla owners have installed 240 50+amp service. there are a few people who live in cond/apartments who are having troubles getting this level of service installed but those people are few. "

Tesla owners are hardly representative of the typical vehicle buyer!

"I have to call BS on this comment, in my experience there is no way a LEAF will go any more than 75 miles or so at speeds around 65 MPH. no way no how it just is not possible."

Really? And you have a Leaf to drive and to verify that statement, right?
As some might say, "A Tesla troll on the Leaf forum".
#1 Leaf SL MY 9/13: 76K miles, 47 Ahrs, 5.0 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=73, L2 - 100% > 1000, temp < 95F, (DOD) > 20 Ahrs
#2 Leaf SL MY 12/18: 10.3K miles, SOH 109Ahrs/115Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), DOD > 20%, temp < 105F

evnow
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:33 am

Back on topic, pls. This thread is not about range possibilities of a Leaf.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

TomT
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:58 am

Perhaps if moderators simply started deleting such offending tangents, the masses might eventually get the idea...
evnow wrote:Back on topic, pls. This thread is not about range possibilities of a Leaf.
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Tesla Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:16 am

lorenfb wrote:"it may be problematic for you but is surely isn't for most people, the majority of tesla owners have installed 240 50+amp service. there are a few people who live in cond/apartments who are having troubles getting this level of service installed but those people are few. "

"I have to call BS on this comment, in my experience there is no way a LEAF will go any more than 75 miles or so at speeds around 65 MPH. no way no how it just is not possible."

yes I do have a leaf, any more comments Mr. Troll?
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

EVDRIVER

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:55 am

apvbguy wrote:
lorenfb wrote:"it may be problematic for you but is surely isn't for most people, the majority of tesla owners have installed 240 50+amp service. there are a few people who live in cond/apartments who are having troubles getting this level of service installed but those people are few. "

yes I do have a leaf, any more comments Mr. Troll?

If I continue to get any more complaints about your name calling I'm going to put you on a temporary ban form the site. Last warning on the name calling on multiple threads, throttle it back or you get a time out. There are many complaints about your posts over an extended time and the frequency is increasing.

lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Re: Official Kia Soul EV thread

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:59 am

mtndrew1 wrote:I've got a couple hundred miles on the car now and I'm really enjoying it.

I thought you guys might be interested in a few of these notes:

- The highest regen I've seen is 76 kW during hard braking, leading me to believe that under the correct circumstances the motor would be able to use its full 81 kW for regen.

- In B mode the brake lights come on during moderately strong regen, which is strong enough to nearly bring the car to a stop. Not quite i3/Tesla one-pedal driving, but very close. Brake blending is flawless, with none of the clunkiness of the Volt or the unevenness of the Leaf.

- Yesterday I drove the car 87.4 miles and had 31% SOC remaining. The route was the 110 @ Redondo Beach Blvd to Downtown LA, Downtown LA to Northridge, Northridge to Tarzana, Tarzana to Glendale, Glendale back to Redondo Beach Blvd. in Gardena. Speeds as high as 70 MPH with a blend of LA slow-n-go traffic. Fan only on the HVAC.

- The accelerator pedal is bottom-hinged and very tall, like a BMW. It allows the driver to have their full shoe sole on the entire pedal allowing for very precise metering of power/regen.

- I hope this doesn't jinx it, but assembly quality is flawless. All gaps are even, paint is glossy, nothing rattles or squeaks, and the suspension is quiet (in stark contrast to my Volt's clanky setup).

That's all I can think of for now. So far, so good! Loving it!
Interesting that the South Bay location (110 & 405 - Redondo Beach Blvd) is where I've seen a number
of factory covered Souls driving around.

Great overall sales pitch! Especially:

"I hope this doesn't jinx it, but assembly quality is flawless. All gaps are even, paint is glossy, nothing rattles or squeaks"

Given that most all your posts relate to the Soul, one has to wonder how credible your posts are
and who you represent. Happy trolling!
#1 Leaf SL MY 9/13: 76K miles, 47 Ahrs, 5.0 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=73, L2 - 100% > 1000, temp < 95F, (DOD) > 20 Ahrs
#2 Leaf SL MY 12/18: 10.3K miles, SOH 109Ahrs/115Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), DOD > 20%, temp < 105F

mtndrew1

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:13 am

lorenfb wrote:
mtndrew1 wrote:I've got a couple hundred miles on the car now and I'm really enjoying it.

I thought you guys might be interested in a few of these notes:

- The highest regen I've seen is 76 kW during hard braking, leading me to believe that under the correct circumstances the motor would be able to use its full 81 kW for regen.

- In B mode the brake lights come on during moderately strong regen, which is strong enough to nearly bring the car to a stop. Not quite i3/Tesla one-pedal driving, but very close. Brake blending is flawless, with none of the clunkiness of the Volt or the unevenness of the Leaf.

- Yesterday I drove the car 87.4 miles and had 31% SOC remaining. The route was the 110 @ Redondo Beach Blvd to Downtown LA, Downtown LA to Northridge, Northridge to Tarzana, Tarzana to Glendale, Glendale back to Redondo Beach Blvd. in Gardena. Speeds as high as 70 MPH with a blend of LA slow-n-go traffic. Fan only on the HVAC.

- The accelerator pedal is bottom-hinged and very tall, like a BMW. It allows the driver to have their full shoe sole on the entire pedal allowing for very precise metering of power/regen.

- I hope this doesn't jinx it, but assembly quality is flawless. All gaps are even, paint is glossy, nothing rattles or squeaks, and the suspension is quiet (in stark contrast to my Volt's clanky setup).

That's all I can think of for now. So far, so good! Loving it!
Interesting that the South Bay location (110 & 405 - Redondo Beach Blvd) is where I've seen a number
of factory covered Souls driving around.

Great overall sales pitch! Especially:

"I hope this doesn't jinx it, but assembly quality is flawless. All gaps are even, paint is glossy, nothing rattles or squeaks"

Given that most all your posts relate to the Soul, one has to wonder how credible your posts are
and who you represent. Happy trolling!
Wow. Uh, I've been on the Volt forums since this time about three years ago and I've been a lurker on MNL for some time because the Leaf was my primary choice until the Soul. Not sure how I'm "trolling" by posting about the Soul in...the Soul thread. But ok. Your posts sure seem negative towards anything non-Leaf. Maybe you're a Nissan troll.

I've been driving a Volt for three years, had a Prius and Gen 1 Insight prior to that, drove a RAV4-EV for some time (original MagneCharge model), and was on the GM EV1 team in the late '90s. I can corroborate all of this. I'm now just a guy who bought a Soul and thought people visiting the Soul thread might like to hear about the car.

If this is inappropriate I can keep my thoughts to myself.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range (100% charge @ 43k miles shows 5.8% degradation)

2013 Nissan Leaf S + QC sold with warranty pack replacement (~35% degradation @ ~40k miles)

2015 Kia Soul EV+ Lease returned 10/14/17 45,000 miles w/ 13.8% degradation.

JeremyW
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 19136

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:00 am

Ignore lorenfb, they are the real troll.
Former 2012 SL leasee 6/23/12 - 9/23/15
Former Fit EV leasee.
Now driving Spark EV and Model 3.

MikeinDenver
Delivery Date: 03 May 2014
Leaf Number: 413923

Re: End of Lease Strategies?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:48 pm

TimLee wrote: Please clarify how you can buy it for $4,000 less than the residual if the residual is only being reduced by $2,000 :?:
Republican dynamic scoring. That's how.
2013 SL

apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Re: End of Lease Strategies?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:21 pm

MikeinDenver wrote:
TimLee wrote: Please clarify how you can buy it for $4,000 less than the residual if the residual is only being reduced by $2,000 :?:
Republican dynamic scoring. That's how.
I thought it was liberal strategy of getting SOMEONE ELSE to pay YOUR share
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”