apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Snippiness

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:38 pm

MODERATORS NOTE: This thread contains posts deemed to be snippy and detracting from original threads (like the TMC snippiness thread). Please keep it civil, folks!
LTLFTcomposite wrote:Might they have cut a deal with the supplier for reduced cost replacement units? Once you have a production line committed the incremental cost of each unit is a lot less anyway. Or can they be rebuilt?
could it be that the fix is absurdly simple and costs less than $1 in materials? but why should I interrupt your ranting?
Last edited by DaveEV on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add MODERATORS NOTE.
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

LTLFTcomposite
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:13 pm

apvbguy wrote:
LTLFTcomposite wrote:Might they have cut a deal with the supplier for reduced cost replacement units? Once you have a production line committed the incremental cost of each unit is a lot less anyway. Or can they be rebuilt?
could it be that the fix is absurdly simple and costs less than $1 in materials? but why should I interrupt your ranting?
Could it be that you are the most abrasive person I've encountered on MNL?
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

apvbguy

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:15 pm

LTLFTcomposite wrote:
apvbguy wrote:
keep posting fud
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

Stoaty
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3871

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:38 pm

LTLFTcomposite wrote:
apvbguy wrote:
LTLFT - the "Foe" list is your friend... use it.
2011 Leaf with 62,000 miles given to Nephew
2013 Tesla Model S85 with 251 miles rated range at full charge
Leaf Spy Manual
Battery Aging Model Spreadsheet

apvbguy

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Stoaty wrote: LTLFT - the "Foe" list is your friend... use it.
another weighty worthwhile contribution. he has some sort of issues with tesla and is constantly making FUD. all you can offer is agreeing the attack.

apvbguy

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:14 pm

why is some of the leaf crowd so enamored with finding fault with the tesla? I own both and each car has it's pluses and minuses, that said when my leaf lease is up the car goes back and another EV will take it's place, right now the ELR is potentially the car unless the model X hits the market as scheduled so I can give it a looksee

donald
Delivery Date: 29 Jul 2013

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:53 am

apvbguy wrote:why is some of the leaf crowd so enamored with finding fault with the tesla? I own both and each car has it's pluses and minuses
Maybe the 'Leaf crowd' are a bit p!ssed that people who can't get the use of "it's" and "its" right can still afford a Tesla? 8-)

It's probably more that there is some need here for a counter-balance to the cheer-leading for Tesla and its hero, St. Musk.

apvbguy

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:08 am

donald wrote:
apvbguy wrote:why is some of the leaf crowd so enamored with finding fault with the tesla? I own both and each car has it's pluses and minuses
Maybe the 'Leaf crowd' are a bit p!ssed that people who can't get the use of "it's" and "its" right can still afford a Tesla? 8-)
a grammar flame? really? I won't even throw out the obvious retort to that

donald
Delivery Date: 29 Jul 2013

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Yer can give it, but can yer take it? ;)

apvbguy

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:37 pm

donald wrote:WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

Yer can give it, but can yer take it? ;)
I can take it, a grammar flame is extremely low end

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”