Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Re: Ferguson Police Use Tear Gas on Media

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:11 am

mikesus wrote:Germany doesn't have slums and ghettos that we have in the US.
Interesting.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

klapauzius
Delivery Date: 25 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0197

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:04 pm

mikesus wrote: Again, what is your solution for someone beating a police officer? You are comparing a completely different society and stating it works there so it should work here.

You assumption that its the same is naive at best. Germany doesn't have slums and ghettos that we have in the US.

http://www.quora.com/Are-there-any-slum ... -they-like" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

additionally you are comparing a high crime area to an area with virtually no crime

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Fe ... souri.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The statistics was for the whole country of 80 million people!

Having spent considerable time living in both countries, I can tell you that big German cities, Berlin in particular, do have Ghettos or bad areas.

Yet even there, police can keep the peace without excessive use of force .

One bullet per million people fired per year. Only 6 (!) people shot dead by police in a population of 80 million, including all the big cities and all the "ghettos".

Police officers do get attacked physically in Germany too, it would be truly naive to assume they wouldn't.
Probably as often as they do get attacked here.

Yet in other countries, they don't have to kill in self-defense.

If the German police can do it, the US police should be able to do it too.

Seriously, you cannot think of any other solution to someone attacking you with fists, than to shoot them with a gun?

mikesus
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2014

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:36 pm

klapauzius wrote:
mikesus wrote: Again, what is your solution for someone beating a police officer? You are comparing a completely different society and stating it works there so it should work here.

You assumption that its the same is naive at best. Germany doesn't have slums and ghettos that we have in the US.

http://www.quora.com/Are-there-any-slum ... -they-like" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

additionally you are comparing a high crime area to an area with virtually no crime

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Fe ... souri.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The statistics was for the whole country of 80 million people!

Having spent considerable time living in both countries, I can tell you that big German cities, Berlin in particular, do have Ghettos or bad areas.

Yet even there, police can keep the peace without excessive use of force .

One bullet per million people fired per year. Only 6 (!) people shot dead by police in a population of 80 million, including all the big cities and all the "ghettos".

Police officers do get attacked physically in Germany too, it would be truly naive to assume they wouldn't.
Probably as often as they do get attacked here.

Yet in other countries, they don't have to kill in self-defense.

If the German police can do it, the US police should be able to do it too.

Seriously, you cannot think of any other solution to someone attacking you with fists, than to shoot them with a gun?
apples and oranges... They do not have the crime rate that we have here.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... ates/Crime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

your dismissiveness towards someone being able to cause great bodily harm to someone with their fists is extremely naive. What should they do? Ask them nicely to stop beating them to death? When exactly should they do that? Just before losing consciousness?
2015 SV - #100 in 100 mile club!

klapauzius

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:34 pm

mikesus wrote:

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... ates/Crime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

your dismissiveness towards someone being able to cause great bodily harm to someone with their fists is extremely naive. What should they do? Ask them nicely to stop beating them to death? When exactly should they do that? Just before losing consciousness?
Its not naive, its a simple fact, factually proven every day elsewhere in places where people are just not as trigger happy as here.

If your only tool is a hammer=gun, of course everything looks like a nail = legitimate target.
That, plus the latent racism, is the root of the problem.

Here is an interview with some TV-legal expert:
http://www.inquisitr.com/1640399/darren ... ncy-grace/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interestingly, she says the same thing, I thought right after Wilsons interview: If he was so afraid for his life, why didn't he simply drive away?

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Robert Pirsig wrote:The thing to understand is that if you are going to reform society you don't start with cops. And if you are going to reform intellect you don't start with psychiatrists. If you don't like our present social system or intellectual system the best thing you can do with either cops or psychiatrists is stay out of their way. You leave them till last.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

AndyH

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:42 pm

mikesus wrote:

Hey mikesus - you're welcome to stay in 'my' thread provided you can stop lying. The facts are on the table - feel free to stop the propaganda BS story that the 6'3" 210lb "scared white guy with an SUV, a radio, a sidearm, a badge, and backup on the way" was in fear for his life when he exited his vehicle and chased an unarmed 18 year old kid more than 150 feet away from the car to shoot him in the head execution style.

I've lived in the St Louis area (and Germany, England, Korea, and other scattered parts of the USA, north and south) and STL is without a doubt the most racist part of the world I've yet to experience.
"The stupid become extinct."-Bill Mollison
2018 Outlander PHEV
2015 smart Electric Drive (lease ended Feb, 2018)
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

mikesus

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:08 pm

AndyH wrote:
Hey mikesus - you're welcome to stay in 'my' thread provided as soon as you agree with me
There, I fixed that for you.

mikesus

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:14 pm

klapauzius wrote: Its not naive, its a simple fact, factually proven every day elsewhere in places where people are just not as trigger happy as here.
So the violent criminals play no part, interesting...
klapauzius wrote: If your only tool is a hammer=gun, of course everything looks like a nail = legitimate target.
That, plus the latent racism, is the root of the problem.
Of blacks towards whites or just in general? I have been called "cracker" more times than I have heard ANYONE use any racist slurs towards people of color. That includes living in the Carolinas.

klapauzius wrote: Here is an interview with some TV-legal expert:
http://www.inquisitr.com/1640399/darren ... ncy-grace/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interestingly, she says the same thing, I thought right after Wilsons interview: If he was so afraid for his life, why didn't he simply drive away?
Expert? Now I understand...

klapauzius

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:48 pm

mikesus wrote: Of blacks towards whites or just in general? I have been called "cracker" more times than I have heard ANYONE use any racist slurs towards people of color. That includes living in the Carolinas.
Yes, that rampant racist towards white people is really a problem.
Every time I see a black policeman, I fear for my life.

Sorry to hear you got called "Cracker".... sounds to me like something rather dull or bland.

mikesus

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:59 pm

klapauzius wrote:
mikesus wrote: Of blacks towards whites or just in general? I have been called "cracker" more times than I have heard ANYONE use any racist slurs towards people of color. That includes living in the Carolinas.
Yes, that rampant racist towards white people is really a problem.
Every time I see a black policeman, I fear for my life.

Sorry to hear you got called "Cracker".... sounds to me like something rather dull or bland.

Got it. You are just a troll. Enjoy.

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”