gsleaf
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2012

Re: Edward Snowden: Hero or Traitor?

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:02 pm

JimSouCal wrote:After mulling this over, I am now inclined to the emerging minority position, namely a tentative conclusion that Snowden did the country a large favor. While I firmly suspected that the NSA was able to survey most if not all forms of e-communication, Snowden's decision to disregard his contract and share the details will benefit the country.
I'm in complete agreement. The surveillance state they are building is very scary. Without people like Snowden we would never be aware of the size and scope of our big brother state.

Now that he spoke up all sorts of people are speaking out and the extend of the spying is becoming known.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/commen ... efore_911/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kubel
Leaf Number: 19628

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:02 am

I wouldn't quite call him a hero (the hero will be the guy who drops a MOAB on the PRISM datacenters), but he certainly is an ally of the people for exposing this Orwellian program, and I really hope he finds refuge somewhere.

Unfortunately, just as he predicted as being his worst fear, the American people don't care, and nothing will change. So back to Fox news. Or is it MSNBC? It really doesn't matter, does it? Bush, Obama. I can hardly tell a difference anymore myself. It seems to me the two party candidates are more the same than they are different. Both for endless wars, both for spying on people, both for expanding the power and reach of federal government into the lives of citizens.

But at least there are people like Snowden who are willing to do the right thing and call out government, regardless of the administration, for the evils it commits. :)
2012 Nissan LEAF SV
20% degradation in 42k miles
Leased 5-17-2012, Returned 1-15-2016

2017 Chevy Volt LT
Siren Red Tintcoat
Leased 10-21-2016

apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:38 am

kubel wrote:I wouldn't quite call him a hero (the hero will be the guy who drops a MOAB on the PRISM datacenters), but he certainly is an ally of the people for exposing this Orwellian program, and I really hope he finds refuge somewhere.

Unfortunately, just as he predicted as being his worst fear, the American people don't care, and nothing will change. So back to Fox news. Or is it MSNBC? It really doesn't matter, does it? Bush, Obama. I can hardly tell a difference anymore myself. It seems to me the two party candidates are more the same than they are different. Both for endless wars, both for spying on people, both for expanding the power and reach of federal government into the lives of citizens.

But at least there are people like Snowden who are willing to do the right thing and call out government, regardless of the administration, for the evils it commits. :)
you seem like you are ready to be unplugged from the matrix, will it be the blue or red pill for you?
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

gsleaf
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2012

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:29 am

What do you call a government when the people can no longer challenge it?

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/0 ... ial9950024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RegGuheert
Delivery Date: 16 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5926

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:34 am

gsleaf wrote:What do you call a government when the people can no longer challenge it?
Broken and in serious need of repair! I'll put the NSA in the same box with the IRS now...
RegGuheert
2011 Leaf SL Demo vehicle
10K mi. on 041413; 20K mi. (55.7Ah) on 080714; 30K mi. (52.0Ah) on 123015; 40K mi. (49.8Ah) on 020817; 50K mi. (47.2Ah) on 120717; 60K mi. (43.66Ah) on 091918.
Enphase Inverter Measured MTBF: M190, M215, M250, S280

AndyH

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:48 pm

"The stupid become extinct."-Bill Mollison
2018 Outlander PHEV
2015 smart Electric Drive (lease ended Feb, 2018)
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

TomT
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Welcome to China... Or Russia... Or...

Things like the below give credible evidence that the 9/11 terrorists did, in fact, win...

"Using a warrant to search for guns, Homeland security officers and Maryland police confiscated a journalist's confidential files. The reporter had written a series of articles critical of the TSA. It appears that the raid was specifically designed to get her files, which contain identifying information about her sources in the TSA. 'In particular, the files included notes that were used to expose how the Federal Air Marshal Service had lied to Congress about the number of airline flights there were actually protecting against another terrorist attack,' Hudson [the reporter] wrote in a summary about the raid provided to The Daily Caller. Recalling the experience during an interview this week, Hudson said: 'When they called and told me about it, I just about had a heart attack.' She said she asked Bosch [the investigator heading the raid] why they took the files. He responded that they needed to run them by TSA to make sure it was 'legitimate' for her to have them. '"Legitimate" for me to have my own notes?' she said incredulously on Wednesday. Asked how many sources she thinks may have been exposed, Hudson said: 'A lot. More than one. There were a lot of names in those files. This guy basically came in here and took my anonymous sources and turned them over — took my whistleblowers — and turned it over to the agency they were blowing the whistle on,' Hudson said. 'And these guys still work there.'"

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/exclu ... ring-raid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gsleaf wrote:What do you call a government when the people can no longer challenge it?
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

Stoaty
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3871

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:50 pm

TomT wrote: "Using a warrant to search for guns, Homeland security officers and Maryland police confiscated a journalist's confidential files. The reporter had written a series of articles critical of the TSA. It appears that the raid was specifically designed to get her files, which contain identifying information about her sources in the TSA. 'In particular, the files included notes that were used to expose how the Federal Air Marshal Service had lied to Congress about the number of airline flights there were actually protecting against another terrorist attack,'
Many of Obama's policies and aims are good (especially environmental), but when it comes to "Homeland Security" he is Bush II (or Bush ^ 2?). The abuses of the NSA and now Homeland Security are completely out of hand. We may be secure from the terrorists, but it seems we are not secure from our own government. Reminds me of the guy in Florida who was being "questioned" by the FBI, didn't have a weapon, but was somehow shot to death. Not to worry, though, the shooting is being investigated by... the FBI. We know it must be a good shoot, because no FBI shooting has ever been found to be unjustified... by the FBI.
2011 Leaf with 62,000 miles given to Nephew
2013 Tesla Model S85 with 251 miles rated range at full charge
Leaf Spy Manual
Battery Aging Model Spreadsheet

AndyH

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Anyone heard about the protests?! There's one scheduled in DC tomorrow, 26 Oct.

Apparently there have been plenty of others, including Berlin, Leipzig, Hamburg, and Munich.

DC:

Some others from Germany:

2018 Outlander PHEV
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

AndyH

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:13 pm

2018 Outlander PHEV
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”