CEC Grants - Future DCFC Map

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

I have been following the CEC grants for Corridor Fast Charging infrastructure. In their normal grant processing, they issue reports called Localized Health Impact Reports. These reports reveal the expected sites for DCFC installation under these grants.

Here are the two interesting reports:
GFO-15-601 - DC Fast Chargers for California’s North-South Corridors
GFO-15-603 – DC Fast Chargers for California's Interregional Corridors

I had some spare time and I thought it would be interesting to plot the addresses on a map. So, I did just that. The link below is an interactive Google Map that shows pins for all the sites in the two reports above, plus some of the existing DCFC along those corridors. The existing ones are color coded by KW rating since many of the key sites on I-5 are lower power and only provide one connector, CHAdeMO or SAE Combo, not both. You can zoom all the way in and see what businesses are nearby. Clicking on a pin will shows you how many chargers will be installed and which entity is developing the site. All sites in these grants must provide both CHAdeMO and SAE Combo at 50kW with expansion built-in for higher power chargers in the future.

CEC DC Fast Charge Sites - Google My Maps

I have updated the map. The California Energy Commission staff released a new Localized Health Impacts Report Addendum to the GFO-15-601 North-South Corridors grant. ChargePoint moved eight of their sites, mostly within a few hundred yards of the originally proposed sites. The only exception is that they moved the Lathrop site to the north end of Stockton. Here are the specific changes.

GFO-15-601-Addendum2-Changes.jpg

According to PlugShare and EV Connect, Pismo Beach City Hall is live with one 50 kW station. There are no check-ins but the station appears on both web sites.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/212650

And for those who follow this closely, it appears that the "coming soon" EA station in Paso Robels is now in town on Spring St at the Bank of America according to PlugShare.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/193091

I have not confirmed either site.

Paul

I have been updating the map linked in the first post. You will now find that some of the pins have a plug icon, which indicates that the location is open.

The two sites mentioned by @paulgipe above are useful, but not CEC funded sites.

paulgipe said:
You need to remove the Recargo sites south of San Fran. That contract has been pulled.

I'd put a question mark by the Recargo sites north of San Fran as that contract is under review for non-performance.

See Recargo's DCFC Station Contract on 101 in Central California has expired

Paul
I have marked the Recargo 15-601 sites with an X icon and put a note in the description.

I have also noted that several more ChargePoint sites are open, including Dunnigan, Placerville, and Colfax. At least they are according to the ChargePoint app. The Colfax site is not on Plugshare yet. I am most disappointed with the time to get the ChargePoint Buttonwillow and Tejon Ranch sites fully open.

Also, the EVgo Williams site shows one successful charge on Plugshare, but it is not active in the EVgo app yet.

Some of these stations on the Interregional Corridor won't be online until mid 2020.

You may want to start following CALeVIP.org. They have a bunch of money that's flowing to DCFC stations.

Paul

paulgipe said:
Some of these stations on the Interregional Corridor won't be online until mid 2020.

You may want to start following CALeVIP.org. They have a bunch of money that's flowing to DCFC stations.

Paul
I took a look at their site and while it does have a bunch of information for how to apply for grants, I didn't find any reports of approved or funded sites. If you have any info about how to locate specific funded sites, I would welcome it.

Back