SoCal Nissan dealership battery degradation help!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthbayNissan

Hello, My name is Will and I am a service advisor at Nissan of Southbay in Southern California. I am new to these forums and am here to help any locals with the dreaded battery degradation that plagues these vehicles. If you are lacking the range that your leaf once had, feel free to contact me and I will try my best to have your leaf battery replaced under the battery degradation warranty. If I can help and get it covered I am able to provide a new Nissan leaf loaner car while your vehicle is down during the process. There are some qualifiers needed in order for this process to take place. Feel free to contact me here on the forums or call the dealership at (310) 325-5555, ask for Will. Thank you. Cheers!

Will, what would you do that other Nissan dealers don't, as regards honoring the battery warranty?

Well, once a battery is authorized by Nissan I can right away give you a new Nissan leaf loaner while the battery is on order. Battery orders usually take about 3-5 weeks to receive. You can enjoy the new leaf with longer range while the process is taking place.

It is a sad state of affairs when Nissan battery degradation has become such an issue that you have dealers shilling for the replacement business...

My neighbor missed the warranty, his 2011 went only down 3 bars before warranty expiry, while he wanted to keep driving his Leaf for another 5 years so he was contemplating when and how to shell out approx $7k for a new battery.
I asked him if he wanted an almost-new (late 2015) "Lizard" pack installed for $3k and he agreed that this would be a good deal.
Since BMS computer is paired to the vehicle, I had to remove all modules from his pack, bolt the original BMS to the Lizard cells and mount those into the battery, and bolt it back into his car. He is now enjoying 66 Ah and better-than-new range with his 2011.
It *is* possible to DIY by a knowledged person familiar with HV DC, if you can get your hands on a better set of modules.

A friend told me that he got a new battery pack installed, with adapter kit, labor, and tax
included, out the door at a Nissan dealer for $5600. Perhaps it pays to shop around a bit?

Gary,
Can you ask him where this was and how he got so good a deal?
Every battery replacement I hear about has the same price - almost $7k.
If you know someone who wants a new (2016 24kWh) pack installed for a lot less
then please contact me ASAP, I have an interesting deal that I need to move quickly on.
Cor.

I'm guessing that the 2015 cells installed were from a used (wrecked?) car, not a new pack. Still a good deal if you don't want to pay $3500 for the warranty.

Hi LeftieBiker,
Those 2015 cells that I installed in my neighbor's car were from a warranty replaced pack that was installed in what is now my Leaf, just a few months before it got into an accident and the previous owner sold it as-is to me, I removed the almost new pack (still showing more than 66 Ah capacity) and swapped the cells with my neighbor's car.
I am now buying another 2011 that is due for a warranty replacement (it got in just under the wire, a few days before the 5 year warranty ran out) so the new battery is on order (can take up to 2 months to arrive apparently) and am planning to put that into a Leaf of someone who is interested in "new" range.

Back