PrairieLEAF
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2019

Re: Trip report: Denver to Winter Park

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:36 am

ChS wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:10 am
Nice trip report, thanks for sharing.

I seem to be able to drive my car like a "normal" car without much concern with range. I will drive it to summit county this summer and see how that goes. I've enjoyed having an electric car more than I thought I would.
Thanks, and glad to hear about your experience! These mountain trips keep getting easier with the new charging stations going in. There may be two quick chargers between Winter Park and Lake Granby this year. Idaho Springs could probably use one, though. Thank goodness for Beau Jo's (although you just cruise right past it!).
2016 LEAF S-30 w/QC "Lexie"

salyavin
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2019
Leaf Number: 318726

Re: Trip report: Denver to Winter Park

Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:03 pm

I have a plus so more range than you, I get around the western part of the state OK these days. Grandby is no problem. Delta, Telluride, Ouray etc. Grand Junction. Black canyon. No big deal. Moab no big deal.
New chargers keep making it easier. I used to have to limp some hots with l2 or camp outlets, just a couple destinations left I have to worry about that but not much any more. I suspect a 40kw can get to most of these places as well just the heat buildup problem after 2 or 3 DCFC slowing down charging (I have the same problem I just go farther before I hit it). Less than that I'd have to take a good look at ABRP.

Return to “Mountain USA”